Book Three Chapter Eleven

**I hope you are enjoying the story, please remember to leave comments and vote for the chapters as you read**

"I am going to go home to the girls, you stay here you can update me if anything changes, obviously Maria has gone home and finally get some sleep" 

I walked over to Marcus, kissing him on the forehead.

"Come on, I miss your awful, yet witty jokes, wake up, there is no one to tease me about the photos, wake up please, this hospital sucks really bad" 

I laughed turning to Jackson and kissing him before walking out. The next few days, we spent taking it in turns going to see Marcus I spent a lot of time with the girls, it was nearly their first birthday, so me and Georgina spent a lot of the time planning a party for them.

 Jackson away at the hospital, sometimes work, I was alone at home with the girls, sometimes Georgina was here with me, other times Liam, things where getting back to normal, almost expect Marcus still had not moved even though he had been breathing alone for a week. 

Sitting with the girls, feeding them, smiling at how life had thrown so much at me, yet I was still here. 

The past week, me and Jackson got closer, I began to feel safe again, like nothing had happened, every night he got back, I was waiting in the room for him, every night I waited and every night he came. He walked through the door, my head snapped up, he was early, way too early, he was smiling and happy.

"He is awake Alena" 

His arms wrapped around me, his body almost crushing me. 

"Guess what his first words where" I looked at him laughing, but couldn't help but feel happy, and grateful he was awake and talking.

"He isn't a baby Jackson" the way he said it was like when Katy or Isabella said their first words.

"I meant it Alena, guess" Rolling my eyes I laughed. 

"What were his first words Jackson?" I was unable to stop the smile on my face knowing I would see Marcus again.

"I took a bullet for you, and it would have been worth dying for" 

He had tears in his eyes, and the fact Marcus thought it was worth dying for was just amazing, all his worry for nothing, because Marcus would see it as a worthy cause to die for.

"He wants to see you though, I am not sure why, but he asked for you a few times" 

He looked at me, and it was clear he had no idea why either, it seems weird he wants to see me, he should ask to see his wife, Jackson and friends, not me, my mind trying to figure out why he would want to see me, but everything came back blank.

"I want to come with you, I don't feel ready to let you leave by yourself, so I will drive you and wait in the waiting room" 

He went to grab his coat, he can't come with me, he needs to see the girls, I would be perfectly safe alone. 

"Stay here, the girls have missed you, I will be safe, nothing can hurt me now" I smiled, before walking out and leaving him there. 

Driving to the hospital, my mind can't stop thinking about why Marcus wanted to see me alone? It made no sense, arriving at the hospital I walked to his room, he was sat up, no one was in the room with him, just him sat there alone, I walked in he looked towards the door, where I entered and smiled. 

It felt awkward, I started walking in, towards the bed, sitting down, unsure what to say so I just sat quiet, waiting for him to talk, my mind still bringing up ideas for why he wanted to see me.