Book Four Chapter Twenty-Three

the feel of Jacksons hand rubbing down my arm awakening me, rolling over I smile, as always I love waking up next to him.

"Okay, well hopefully today we can sort all this mess out, I am going to jump in the shower" 

Kissing him I climb out the bed, getting showered, dried and dressed as quickly as I can, walking back in Jackson is stood dressed and ready to leave.

"Do we have to go straight away?" Looking at him confused.

"Yes, don't worry food is cooked, Marcus should be okay with the girls for a couple of hours, they are still asleep though. I have told him to let them sleep and not to wake them" 

Nodding I grab my shoes, it feels weird leaving the girls here with Marcus after everything.

"Come on, because I also have to grab something from work on the way back" What would he need to grab from work.

"I am ready, let's go" Walking out I can't see Marcus anywhere, no doubt staying out of the way until later, getting in the car, we don't speak. 

Today is in a way going to have a bad outcome no matter what. Either it will break Jacksons heart or Marcus's, while Marcus is acting like it is nothing, we can both tell he wants the baby to be his.

"Whatever happens today Alena, I am still here for you, remember that" 

All I can do is nod in response, I don't want it to be Marcus's baby, as much as I love him, and don't want him hurting I don't want to have his baby. This though has made me realise a lot of things.

"I think, and it is your choice, but we need to start again, living alone, just me you and the girls" 

Turning to look at him he stays quiet, in a way that is me saying we need to kick Marcus out. I was against it before but now I realise it needs to be done.

"If you don't want to it is fine, I just thought once Marcus gets back from the mission it will be best for us all, if he has his own place to go to" 

Jacksons eyes quickly glance towards me then back to the road.

"Your choice Alena, always has been lately, he is there for you I am happy for him to be there for you" Great so it is all on me then?

"You have to admit, it would be nice to have the place to ourselves, no worries about if Marcus is there. I want you to myself in a way and thought you would want me to yourself" Maybe I got it wrong and he doesn't? 

"I do Alena, of course I love the part seeing you with others, but I understand what you are saying, I will talk to Marcus before he leaves" I didn't want to tell Marcus myself, so I am glad he had decided to tell him. 

"Anyway, we are here now, let's see how this goes first" Climbing out the car we walk in together, giving my name we sit down and wait. I hope just from the dates we can be sure the baby is Jacksons, that would be amazing and solve a lot of issues so quickly.

 Jacksons hand grips mine, I don't feel pregnant, I still feel like that fall, the delay in finding the heartbeat was me losing the baby.

"Everything will be fine, calm down I can heart your heart racing" Turning I smile at him, it is easier said than done, how he can stay so calm I will never know. 

Maybe he isn't, and he just hides it so well?

"Mrs. Woodcock" Looking up the nurse is stood there, getting up we follow her through, my heart racing more than before, every what if, going through my mind at this time.