A Broken Promise

At the Palace

Pranpriya's POV

Pranpriya's POV

"Where could she be?" I tried not to giggle as I hide inside my closet.

"We must see her or else the queen will scold us." one of the servants said.

"How can a princess act like this!" the other servant frustratedly asked.

I just covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing. Then I heard footsteps leaving my room.

Finally clear!

I went out of the closet and peeked at the outside door.

I saw a lot of servants and guards in panic of finding me. They are really worried.

But I will not show myself yet.

I need to leave this place

I need to leave this palace.

I need to see him.

My dearest friend.

Finally I was able to sneak out of the palace. And head to our secret place. My friend and I's secret place.

A smile creeped on my lips when I saw him under the tree lying on the grass with closed eyes.

I tiptoed to him hoping that I can surprise him but when I was already near,

"What took you so long Pranpriya?" he said with eyes closed.

"Hmp! How can you know I'm here already?" I pouted.

"I didn't have a big eyes to not see everything." he said then he sat down and finally looked at me.

He observed me from head to toe. And I got conscious.

It's funny how a 9 year old like me will get concious around him.

But who won't be?

When a perfect looking boy like him is studying your features like this.

"Tell me, did the queen already found out why you're always sneaking out like this?" he asked worriedly.

"No, she doesn't know yet. I plan not to tell her about you" I said and he frowned.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because she doesn't want me to have friends." I looked down shyly.

My grandmother has always told me not to be friends with other people especially if they're not from the royal family. My friend right here is not from a royal family. He is from a simple one. And I know my queen grandmother will scold me for that.

"I know she just don't want you to be friends with normal people like me." he said with his sad eyes.

I bit my lip because what he said is true.