The Pincess' Death

Queen's Bedroom

Pranpriya's POV

I knocked on the big wooden door of the queen.

"Come on in, Princess!" sir Rudolph greeted me with a warm smile.

He is my grandmother's most loyal right hand. He looks very strict but he loves me and spoils me so much. I have done a lot of naughty things around the palace but he would always cover up for me. That's why I have a soft heart for the old man. I love him as if he's my father.

"Thank you!" I bowed. Then I entered the queen's very big room only to see her lying on her bed weakly.

I don't know what happened but it seemed she's very weak this time. I walk near her and I cannot hide the worry on my face.

"Pranpriya my dear, come. I need to tell you something very important." She said as she point to the chair next to her bed.

I sat on it and held her hands.

"What is it grandmother?" I asked worriedly. I can tell that what she will convince me about the marriage of Mario and I and I badly wanted to know why.

"I am getting weaker. And the country needs a young and stong successor. You are the only one left in this family Pranpriya and you know you need to take over on your 20th birthday." she said.

I nodded. I know about this already. All my life I was trained and taught to rule the country just like how my grandma does. And I am very confident that I can rule it properly.

"But you're too young and you lack experience. You will need to have someone who will guide you and be there for you." she said. Now I finally understand why she wants me to marry that guy.

In all honesty, I really don't mind marrying someone to help me. I can do anything for the country. But my heart is already beating for someone else. And that is not Mario.

"Mario is the first son of the Prime Minister. He is strong, smart and they are very powerful. I am sure that he will take care of you." she said while looking into my eyes.

"But, did he agree to this?" I asked.

"Yes,  that's the reason why he came home just to meet you" she said while smiling. "You will rule the country Lisa, you will be a good leader. A queen whom everybody loves. Imagine the poor families that you can help. You've always wanted this remember?" she said.

"Yes! I want to help everyone in this country!" I said with voice full of conviction.

"I know you will be a good queen. Just one year left and I can finally rest." she said.  Her voice is weak. My grandmother is already in her 70s and she's been holding on just so I can take over at the right time.

"Grandma,  what will happen if I suddenly died? Who will take over?" I asked and she was shocked to hear it.

"What are you talking about! You will not die Pranpriya!" She said.

"But what if?" I asked.

"Well.. it would either be Eunha or the people will vote for someone who they think deserves to be the queen since you are the only one left with a royal blood." she said and I nodded.

"So, you understand now why you need to marry him? Besides you still have a year to get to know him. You can learn to love him. He is handsome and kind. Please do this for me Pranpriya. Please do this for the country." she said as she squeeze my hand.

"I will" I said and I nodded.

I have no choice. I can do anything for the country and especially for my grandmother.

If this is the only way to help the people of my country, I don't mind marrying anyone.

She smiled at me and I quickly took my leave.

I went to the palace graden where I usually relax everytime I am stressed out or everytime I'm having a problem.

The garden has lots of flowers that I love and they always make me happy.

Even though the garden is dark because it is night time, I can still see the beautiful flowers sorrounding it.

I sat on one of the wooden chair and closed my eyes.

This is the life that I have. I will be the queen. I will marry the Prime Minister's son and I will rule the country.

Suddenly, I heard a gun shot.

My chest started aching and when I looked down. I realized it was me who was shot.

Blood started leaking on my chest and I slowly closed my eyes.

Is this It?

The end of me?

My death?