Change of Plan

In a Private Room

Pranpriya's POV

I woke up to see that I'm inside in an unfamilliar room.

"Where am I?"

"Oh my God! Finally you're awake!" I heard Sir Rudolph's voice.

"Where am I? What am I doing here?" I looked down on my chest when I remembered what happened. I was shot but I'm still alive.

"How come?" I asked as I look on my chest with a bandage.

"You were shot" he said.

"By whom?" I asked. Why would I get shot? I don't understand.

"I will explain everything to you Pranpriya and you should listen." he said and I nodded. He seemed to look serious and I can tell I'm in a dangerous situation now.

"Someone is planning to kill you! You were lucky,  you were saved by the pendant of your necklace. The bullet was not able to push through your heart because it was blocked by the pendant." he said and my mouth gaped open. He pointed to the bedside table where the necklace is.

I saw the necklace with a bullet hole on the heart pendant.

It was his necklace.

It saved me from death.

My brows furrowed. Why would someone kill me?

"Kill me? But why?" I asked worriedly.

"Yes. We suspect that someone wants to have you killed because you are the next in line to the throne." he said and I finally understood.

"Do you know who is behind all of this?" I asked curiously.

"No. We don't know yet but the queen has her suspects. We still need to investigate to know who's behind all of this." he said and I suddenly got worried for my grandma. I know she's worried about me.

"But what are we gonna do now? I survived and they will probably try to do it again if they see me." I said.

I'm worried about myself too. I don't want to die yet. I want to live longer not die like this.

"Princess, I need to tell you something and I hope you understand this. We suddenly had a change of plan." Sir Rudolph said while looking straight at me.

"The queen has announced that you're already dead." he said and my jaw dropped.

"Why?"

"All of this is the queen's new plan. We have to pretend that you already died because it's the only way to keep you safe until you turn 20. We also need to catch the culprit before you take over. We will just announce that you are still alive on your 20th birthday. Until then,  no one should see you." he said and I nodded.

"But what am I gonna do for a whole year? Am I gonna hide in this room the whole time?" I asked.

"No,  you will have to travel abroad and hide there. No one must know you're real identity. You need to pretend to be someone else so that no one will know that you are a princess." he said.

"Travel abroad?" I asked. Where? I never expected this to happen to me. All my life I thought I will just live peacefully in my country.

"Yes. You will travel abroad. You will pretend to be a college student and you must study well to gain more knowledge and skills before you finally became a queen. Until then, we can finally catch the person behind the planned murder for you." he said.

"Where will I go?" I worriedly asked.

"South Korea" he said and my heart started hammering out of my chest.

South Korea.

He is Korean.

I know he is there. I can feel it.

I can finally see him.

👑

Author's Note

Can you guess who's she referring to? 😁