Prologue

I ate as they filmed me, studied me. They won't send anyone in with me, or I'll kill them without doubt. They did however, feed me through a chute that sent food down.

I feel sick as I tear into an arm of an unknown woman, I want to puke but... it tastes good. They fed me normal food yesterday, they switch off with normal food and corpses. But i eat whatever they send down, I don't want to accept death by starvation just yet.

This itself was a test of my humanity, but was i really human? Or was I a flesh eating ghoul? I've no idea anymore. The investigators spent no time in hunting me down and capturing me for this guy's... experiments.

I stop eating and glare at the camera, on the other side, the man on the speaker speaks. "Don't look at me like that, you like it, and you know it." He said with disgust.

my face becomes dark, and my glare becomes scary, I could tell by his short shriek. I grin at this.

"What, did i make you piss your pants?" I said, laughing a bit.

The man on the speaker got angry. "Shut up you freak! Who do you think you are-"

"Someone who's going to kill you." I said simply, devoid of emotion.

The man then stopped talking as i finished and put the leftovers in a chute, sending it back to wherever it came from. I sit on the bed, and sigh. How did my life get so fucked so fast?

I said that, but how exactly am i going to do that? I sigh and fall onto the bed, staring at the ceiling. I look back at the camera.

"You could've given me stuff to do, y'know." I said.

After a long brief silence, something comes down the chute, I jump off the bed, glancing at the camera and then at what had dropped. I laugh a bit at the joke this guy was playing on me.

"Ha ha. very funny. But I'm not a pervert like you." I said, waving the pornography magazine in front of the camera, annoyed. I throw the magazine back into the chute and sit back down.

This time, something else comes down the chute. I walk over and read the title of the book that was sent down. "The Hamlet"?

"Isn't this from Shakespeare?" I asked.

The speaker turned on again. "Yeah, it's a story about a sister and a brother, and the brothers friend. It's a story of revenge and tragedy."

It seemed that a different guy was at the speaker now, it wasn't the man from before that i warned that I'd kill. Guess he got scared. I smile at the thought.

"Thanks." I said shortly and sat back on the bed, beginning to read. It was interesting, really.

The brother loves the sister, but the friend of his and the sister are secretly in a relationship. Sucks for the Brother.

I keep reading for an eternity. And end up finishing it up.

At the end, the Brother finds out about their relationship after the sister dies, and they duel because of the brothers jealousy and taste for revenge. He kills the friend at the end, quite a tragedy indeed. Shakespeare did know how to write a good story.

I put the book in the chute and it's sent up. I expect to sit down and go to sleep, but suddenly another book comes down, and i pick it up. The title, "The Tempest".

"What's it about?" I asked the man on the speaker.

"It's about A magician that gets stranded on an island, only to contact the outside the world through a message in a bottle, impacted with magic inside, that the person who found it would save them." He said happily explaining the plot.

Again I read, and again, I like the story.

In the end, then man that saves the mage marries her, and they live happily ever after.

I smile at the camera. "I like this one better."

The man on the speaker laughed a bit. "Yeah, i thought you would, because it basically is the same story as the Hamlet." he said.

"How so?" I asked.

"Their both tales of revenge and tragedy. But one ends badly and one ends happily." He said.

True, their plots did match together. It was amazing, really.

"So... what do you like, a end of happiness... or an end of despair?" Said the man seriously.

I stare at the camera, what was this guy getting at?

"I suppose the good ending, but you can't expect everything to be happy in the end of a story, it could be sad, too." I answered.

There was a long silence, then, surprising me, the doors lock clicked open, making the door a bit open, I'm too shocked to even move, as I turn back to the camera.

The man speaks with unhurried words.

"Just what I was looking for. Head outside to the right, and follow my orders over the speaker." he said.

I didn't know what to do, I just stood there in surprise, why was this guy helping me?

Now he hurried his words.

"Do you wanna escape or what? Run, Levin!" He yelled.

I ran.

*Edit*
(For the record, since everyone in the comment section went bat Shit nuts in the second chapter, Levin is a GUY! I know, a fan fiction that has a guy protagonist, whoa~! Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171