| 𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚 ➪ 𝐎𝐛𝐢-𝐖𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐢 |

Prompt:
(Y/N) must confront her old Master, Dooku.

Not a Request ♥︎

Part 4! To Be With You

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

               The night went by so slowly. I tossed and turned non-stop. Obi-Wan had gone back to his quarters, and I returned to mine, but honestly, I wanted nothing more than to curl into his side. I was scared. In less than a day, I would be confronting my true enemy, Count Dooku, after all these years of endless torture. Even though I'd become a Jedi only a little while ago, I felt more at home here than I ever had with the Sith. I just hope after this mission, Skywalker and the others would learn to trust me...

The sun was beginning to shine through my shut blinds in the small meditation room that I called a sleeping space more than often. Huffing silently, I pulled my weary bones from the bed, and stood up; stretching. Likely, Obi-Wan and Master Ti would already be awake by now, and intensely preparing for our mission.

I stripped from my temple robes; a basic black robe that swooped around my ankles. It was far too long for combat in my opinion. I tripped up often on my robe when sparring with Obi, so I fashioned one a little like his— it was a light brown; perfect for blending in on the sand planet of Tatooine, and came down to my lower knee. It was still good for hiding my identity, and it wouldn't be a death sentence to wear it.

                   Right as I grabbed my lightsaber and clasped it to my belt, a knock at the door alerted me that I wasn't alone, "Padawan (L/N)," the voice of the Togruta Jedi Master by the name of Shaak Ti started, "We are ready to go now. I hope you're not still sleeping."

                      "Of course not, Master," I called back, walking over to the door and allowing her to come in, "Would you like to walk down with me?"

"It would be an honor, young one," the Jedi Master nodded, turning tail and lacing her hands together behind her back, "We haven't been acquainted well yet. How is Master Fisto treating you?"

                      I internally sighed at the thought of the Nautolan Jedi who has trained me since I joined the Order. Kit Fisto was a good Master, but I could tell he was with Anakin Skywalker on the topic of me; he didn't trust me, and trained with a huge bias. If I had someone like Obi or even Shaak Ti to train me, I would enjoy training way more. I know why the Council didn't allow Obi-Wan to train me, which I don't blame them. They could sense our bond, but they don't understand to the extent of what our bond entails,

"I enjoy training with Master Fisto," I replied, half-lying, "He is training me well, and I appreciate how welcoming everyone at the Temple has been. You guys didn't have to welcome me in, yet you did."

The Togruta didn't reply right away. She stroked her tendrils in thought, then cracked her mouth open in reply, "I sense doubt in you. Fear?"

Now it was my turn to not reply. The Council members were very talented in the force, and although I was lying, she could sense it. I was fearful, indeed. A habit I have had a hard time breaking. I was always taught that fear would make me strong, strong enough to survive to see the next moon pass by. Strong enough to overthrow the Republic and bring power to my old Master. I couldn't wrap my head around how the Jedi didn't let their fear define them. I was having a hard time keeping up...

                   "There's a lot of things to be afraid of in this life," I began, facing the Togruta as we walked towards the Temple docking bay, where our ship, and Master Kenobi were both waiting for us, "Living the life I once did, I'm accustomed to this feeling I have. Fear. Master, do you think once Dooku is gone, I'll be able to move past this feeling?"