Card Games (Lando Calrissian)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is one of Lando's closest associates. She is called in when Han Solo cheats his way to owning the Millennium Falcon. She and Lando must teach him a lesson on card games.

Requested by RL_REDHH

She/Her❥

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

Han Solo is in town!
That was one of the last things you wanted to hear from your associate, Lando Calrissian. You'd heard countless rumours about the man, and knew he meant nothing good to come out of Lando's business. That's why Lando called you in— he knew you wouldn't let Han pull a stunt that would ruin everything.

You were already stationed beside Lando; a serious look on your face. Han Solo had been spotted flying around the city looking for a landing port. It was almost time.
You turned to Lando, an aggravated look on your face, "You still have time to stop this," you said, watching a man fitting Solo's description approaching, "You don't have to go through with this."

"Relax, (Y/N)," the gambler said; confidence radiating from his form, "I'm the best card later in the entire galaxy. Some nobody isn't going to win my precious ship."

You had a bad feeling about this, but you knew nothing would shake the man's decisions. Once Lando set his mind to something, that was it. It would go exactly that way; Lando was good like that,
"Fair enough. Here he comes. Just give me the word if something looks shady, and I'll take care of it."

Lando patted your cheek with a smile, "Thanks for the support, sweetheart. I appreciate it, but don't worry."

You and Lando had never officially come out with your relationship. The gambler was worried that would complicate things considering your position in his ranks. Your duty is to protect everyone under Lando's roof, but if you went public with your relationship, the public might question if you're biased or not. Just wasn't worth it in either of your opinions. You needed this job.

You were unsettled, but you didn't argue. You didn't like this one bit, and you knew Lando was nervous— of course you knew. Lando was like an open book to you. To everyone else, he was a big secret that no one could even begin to start trying to understand. That's why you loved him so much; he showed you a side no one else could see.

"Good afternoon, Lando," the man everyone in the casino was waiting for— the legendary Han Solo, "I hope you're ready to play."
Before Lando could respond, Han spotted you and approached confidently. You could see the anger on Lando's face at this, but Han didn't seem to care,
"And who's this?"

He held his hand out to grab yours, and you hesitantly let him take it. The one thing Lando expects from everyone is complete compliance and good-natured personalities around potential customers. Even you.
"I'm (Y/N) (L/N). I work with Mr. Calrissian. I make sure none of his customers get too angry after they lose."

The surrounding clients all chuckled, knowing that was usually the case. Lando rarely lost, and people who came from all over the galaxy didn't always appreciate that. Sometimes they would accuse Lando of cheating his way to a victory, and you would have to kick them out... metaphorically.
There had only been one instance where you'd physically harmed one of Lando's customers, and that was only because he was drunk out of his mind, and an angry drunk at that.

Han laughed softly and pressed a kiss to the upturned side of your hand; Lando getting more and more angry as the seconds passed, "I wouldn't take Calrissian as a man to take a bodyguard. He's just so stubborn all the time."