Believe Me (Luke Skywalker)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is an Imperial deserter, and she is racing against the clock to convince Luke Skywalker she wishes to help.

Not a Request ♥︎

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"I can't do this anymore!" I shouted angrily while punching in the dash pad located on the wall. I had joined the Empire to escape poverty-stricken Naboo, and here we are, pushing violence and destruction on the Endor locals, and any Rebel who gets in the way, "This isn't what I signed up for! I'm getting the hell out of here!"

Thank the force that no-one was around to hear my little breakdown, or else I'd be being executed right now for treason and abandonment, but it's true. I can't stand this anymore: all the abuse and evil the Empire has. Although the Rebellion drew the shortest straw, they're my best hope at surviving and being proud of my actions.
I packed my little bag, which consisted off a variety of stored foods, some weapons, and a change of clean clothes, and got out of there as swiftly as possible.

Although I was inside a base on Endor, it didn't stop the sheer humidity from flowing in and causing my back and forehead to profusely sweat without any sign of stopping. That only drove me further; the heat pricking at my body like little needles. I needed to get out of here before I blow up.

Good thing about all of this is the fact that I am a Sergeant for the Endor squad. Most Stormtroopers wouldn't even question why I'm leaving despite not being ordered. A few gave me some odd looks, but that'll happen on occasion. It doesn't matter regardless: they know better than to step in.
And to think I thought the inside of that base was hot— it had nothing on the outside. The sheer heat made my legs turn into jelly. I couldn't wrap my head around the thought of how the Ewoks lived in this daily. It was horrible.

The second the last Stormtrooper left my sights, I began sprinting as fast as possible. I haven't really thought everything over... like how the hell I am gonna survive this heat without a ship or long-term food and water.
I do know the Rebels have a very faint presence on this planet, and if I could convince them that I am truly leaving the Empire behind me, perhaps they'd lend aid, and in return, I can provide them with any information they may require.

Honestly, it felt like days had gone past since I left the base, but in reality, maybe a few hours had gone by. The heat rose off the ground like how sound waves are pictured in old science textbooks; wiggling freely into nothingness.
I was even beginning to hallucinate, and my vision was flowing in and out.
Little bright flecks resembling starts fogged my sight, and before I knew it, I was plummeting to the soft foliage below.

I don't know how many hours, days, or weeks went by before I was found. All I remember is being picked up, and hearing annoyed and angry shouting from my rescuers. Two men I think... must be Rebels considering they weren't wearing the normal, hardened Stormtrooper armour, which was the dead giveaway.
Then, softness... sleep.

☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾

I woke up sometime later. It wasn't a dream... at least the rescue and the escape from the Imperials. I figured at one point, I must've been placed in a Bacta Tank, considering the fact that I felt good as new. My throat no longer felt like sandpaper from dehydration, and my achy muscles from running were magically cured.
I am currently laying in a rather uncomfortable bed. It was more of just a cot rather than a bed. The blankets were as thin as paper, and held just about as much heat as paper world too.
I was alone in here.