Survivor (Cad Bane)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is a Jedi that has tons of experience with the illusive Cad Bane. After Order 66, she finds the Duros while on the run, and he hesitantly offers her assistance.

Requested by LeilaMcCarty

She/Her❥

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

Tears streamed down your face as more and more memories of the night before came back to you. Your brothers and sisters in the Jedi Order... dying by the hands of the Clones we once held near and dear... all of them were gone.
At this point, you weren't sure if you were the last one. For all you knew, you were all that remained. That was a scary thought, because you're sure the Clones won't stop until they have every last Jedi become one with the force.

You have been hiding in the lower sector of Coruscant for the last 5 days. It has become very risky to even poke your head out of your hiding spot to search for food or water. The Clones are absolutely everywhere.
The Chancellor— now called the Emperor, labelled the Jedi 'galaxy-wide traitors!' The scary part was the fact that everyone believed him.

The Jedi hadn't done anything that would mark you as a traitor. You had loyally followed the Chancellor's orders all throughout the Clone Wars, even when you believed his orders were shady. It wasn't your job to question his requests— it was your job to uphold and honour his rules. This is how he thanks you and every Jedi that fought in the Clone Wars.

It had been quite a few days since you had a legitimate meal, and you were getting desperate. Desperate enough to wander around the low sector to find a pub that either won't recognize you, or won't care. As long as the authorities aren't alerted, you didn't care which of the two actually happened.
You had many credits, and often, lower sector pub owners only wanted that. You'd be safe down here... amongst your fellow criminals. Oh how the mighty fall.

You found a pretty safe-looking pub a good distance away from your hiding place. It was a Monday night, so it wasn't super busy, which was what you needed. Most of the people this side of Tatooine wouldn't snitch to the Clones, but you never know. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Walking in, you waltzed to the bar and sat down; your light brown hood covering your eyes,

"What's the special today?" you whispered, waving your hand for a shot of a creamy-brown liquid to be brought to you.

The woman at the counter, a Weequay, did as asked; bringing the alcohol over, "Fish and chips, Jedi."

Your eyes widened as fear set in. No... no, how did she recognize you? You have been so careful every step of the way since the fall— no way it goes bad now!
The Weequay, noticing your fear, smiled in amusement,
"Don't worry, hon. I ain't gonna tell a soul. Although I hate your affiliation, I ain't no snitch. If you ask me, the Emperor is someone we need to fear rather than the few Jedi that still remain."

A shaky breath left your mouth as you realized the barkeep would be no problem to you. Taking the shot, you sighed, "I'll take the fish and chips then. Thank you, ma'am."

The Weequay found your manners quite amusing, but she said no more. Her original words filled you with faith though: not everyone agreed with the Empire... or the fact that the Jedi had been marked traitors.

You felt a body sit down to the left of you, but you didn't bother to look. Probably some drunk guy wanting to go after anything he could grab. He better not expect a damn thing out of you, or else you'll take his eyes.
"Never thought I would see you again, doll face."