His Orders (Darth Vader)

Prompt:
The Emperor has sent Lord Vader and (Y/N) to Lothal to hunt down the Rebels living there.

Requested by dragonsfangs

She/Her

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

The sound of Darth Vader's breathing was all that filled your ears. The rhythmic sounds of metallic breathing sent chills down your spine. Silence combined with Vader's breathing machine often put you on the edge when you were alone with him, and today was no different. Emperor Palpatine had ordered the two of you to head to Lothal to take care of the growing Rebellion there. Apparently the Stormtroopers weren't good enough at their jobs to handle it themselves.

The system of Lothal was filled with Star Destroyers, and Vader and yourself would have generally taken Vader's Star Destroyer— the Executor, but the Emperor wanted the two of you to be incognito. So, the two of you just took an Imperial shuttle. If the Rebels detected the two of you, they would think that you were simply just some officers on your way to do work on Lothal; not two Sith Lords in alliance with the Empire.

"What is the status down on Lothal?" Lord Vader asked the pilot maliciously; his voice interrupting the rhythmic breathing from his respirator.

The pilot coughed, clearing his throat, "We have been cleared to land. I don't pick up any ships headed our way to intercept."

You looked to Vader; him catching your eye. You both didn't sense anyone coming either. Perhaps the Emperor overestimated these Rebels— they can't even attempt to take down an Imperial Shuttle, so why did the Emperor ask you and Vader to come here? Every second that passed by made you believe this was a waste of time and resources. Thanks to the look Vader gave you, it's obvious he felt the same way.

The shuttle fluttered down through the atmosphere, and eventually landed near the radio tower that was claimed by the Empire. Still no Rebel interference.
The shuttle's door swung open slowly, and once it was open, Vader and yourself exited. It was a warm night on Lothal, and after being cramped in the vast expanse of space, you graciously accepted the warmth.

Vader took the lead, and you followed. You could sense the fear spreading through the Imperials on Lothal as they noticed the Sith Lords, and you couldn't help but smile,
"It's hard to differentiate the Rebel fear from the fear of our men," you chuckled, earning an amused huff from Vader,

"It feels good, doesn't it?" Vader said lowly, looking back at you. Although you couldn't see his face, you could sense there was a smile there. You'd never sensed a smile on Vader's face before, and it was a nice feeling.

Officers began to appear as Vader and yourself reached the radio tower. The tallest officer, a blond man with green eyes and a charismatic smile lead Vader and you into the tower,
"Welcome, my Lords," he said enthusiastically, "It's an honour to have you on Lothal. My men and I are excited to be working with the two of you."

Neither Vader or yourself responded. You couldn't comprehend why this officer thought it was appropriate to act like that with the two of you. Sucking up won't work. Being honest while being charismatic was affective.
The blond man, seeing his normalized behaviour wasn't going to have an affect on the two Sith Lords, he simply cleared his throat, and continued,
"We have had numerous Rebel squads coming and killing our Stormtroopers. They are run by two Jedi Knights."