| 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐢𝐝 ➪ 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫 |

Prompt:
(Y/N) is a slave on Tatooine, and Anakin Skywalker wishes to free her.

Requested by dolanxirl

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

          Many slaves on Tatooine hated Watto the Toydarian, but no one hated him like I did. This stupid flying imp with a walnut for a brain had money, and that's the only reason he had even an ounce of authority over me. If he hadn't bought me all of those years ago, I would've strangled him to death and fed him to the Sarlacc by now. He's the reason I'm all alone now.

Many years ago, he separated my little brother, Boba and I. Of course, he bought me, and this bounty hunter purchased and took my brother away. My family was ripped apart after that. Since then, I've helped Watto supply Pod-Racing and Ship parts,

"(Y/N)! Hurry up with those parts. We have some guests coming soon, and if this room isn't clean by then, you're staying here all night to clean up as an apology!" Watto hissed from the other room, causing me to roll my eyes.

           "Got it, boss," I replied, not stopping what I was doing. I was in the middle of fashioning myself an Astromech droid. It's taken years to get this far.

             After I completed some simple things inside of my future R2 Unit, I began to sweep up the shop and get ready to meet these 'guests.' They're probably Hutts. No one I care about.

"(Y/N). Go pick up some more supplies from downtown. Be back before the Hutts get here. They're going to decide if they want to buy out my business, which will make me rich!" Watto laughed heavily and wiped his nose on his arm, "You'll be included in that purchase by the way. No longer my problem."

I figured as much. Watto was easier to read than an open book, "Anything specific you want me to grab?" I huffed while shutting the head of my Astromech. I wouldn't let Watto know that on my little trip down to the market, I'd be snatching some parts for the droid (using his money of course).

"You know better than me," the Toydarian snapped while floating back into the other room.

I took that as my queue to leave. Gathering up my backpack and Watto's little stash of money, I set out in the scorching heat towards the market. This was my favorite part of the month. Seeing all the people and their ships, learning about distant planets, maybe hearing something about my brother.

Upon seeing me walking down the dusty road, my friend, and ironically, the owner of the store I'm heading towards, smiled and waved me over, "(Y/N), what are you doing out so early?" she asked, leaning against the doorframe.

"Morning, Sarah," I smiled and patted her shoulder, "Got any new parts? Watto sent me out."

"Yeah of course. Got a new shipment yesterday," she answered, turning around and walking into her shop, "How's that droid going now? I have some parts for you if needed?"

Smiling, I took a seat at a table and began gulping down some water. I was strangely tired already, "Thanks, Sarah. It really means a lot."

         Placing the parts in front of me, Sarah sits down and sighs, taking a swig from the water I just drank out of, "I heard the Hutts were interested in buying Watto's shop. What are you going to do?"

          "No idea," I grumbled while fingering around in the bag to discover all the parts I've been gifted, "Watto sucks, but the Hutts... I'd rather get digested by the Sarlacc than be with the Hutt's. And not to mention, I'd never be able to see you again. They have certain jobs for everyone, and knowing my luck, they definitely wouldn't put me on errand-running duty."