Think About Ourselves (Cal Kestis)

Prompt:
Cal Kestis and his girlfriend, (Y/N) are fleeing the planet of Nur after stealing a holocron from Lord Vader when things begin to go very badly.

Requested by Shester2021

She/Her❥

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

I couldn't even recall why the two of us had decided to go to Nur. It initially seemed like a good idea, but now that everything was going so terribly wrong, I just couldn't comprehend why we'd come.
Nur was the home of the Sith. Nur was the home of the Inquisitors. It was like the two of us had just stepped into the worst possible scenario imaginable,

"Cal, we still have time to turn back and get away from this planet before Vader shows up," I growled through my teeth while slicing through a pair of Stormtroopers with my (F/C) lightsaber, "I think we should leave."

Cal shook his head while throwing an enemy trooper into a wall while using his force abilities, "We need that holocron, (Y/N)! If Vader opens that thing and learns of the unclaimed younglings, the Jedi Order will never be able to rebuild itself! Innocent Jedi all over the galaxy will die! We can't let the Empire win!"

Oh yeah, that's why we came.
Cere Junda, another Jedi from before the fall of the Republic, had seen the holocron while meditating, and for some reason, she sent Cal and I to reclaim it. Cal and I were nothing more than Padawan learners when our masters were killed by the rouge Clone Troopers— how are we supposed to take on Lord Vader?

"I don't think our lives are worth the risk!" I countered while blocking oncoming blaster bolts. It seemed the Stormtroopers had begun to get adequate backup for their attacks. Cal and I were quite outnumbered, "I don't want to lose you after all we've been through! We have to think about ourselves for once!"

"After all of the years of hiding, I'm surprised you're willing to bend to the Empire so easily," Cal spat, obviously hurt by my words, "These are children we are talking about, (Y/N). Some of the names in the holocron haven't been been born yet."

I spun around and pointed my lightsaber as his chest as a way to reiterate my point, "We were children when Vader killed our masters! Where was the people willing to sacrifice themselves for us? What makes these younglings more important than us? We would be doing them a favour if they didn't have to live the lives we have been forced to live thanks to Vader. We were barely 13 when our masters were killed— no one deserves that life. We need to stop caring about others and prioritize ourselves."

"Turn back if you want to that badly," the red head growled while slashing through a Stormtrooper with pure anger.
Everyday Cal treads closer and closer to the Dark Side, and that truly scared me.

I sighed and lowered my lightsaber. Cal had successfully taken out the rest of the Stormtroopers by himself thanks to his unbridled anger. I shook my head and looked away, "I won't leave you behind. I think it's foolish that we're doing this considering Lord Vader is here, but I won't leave you to face him alone."

Cal's anger deteriorated slightly as I promised that I would stay and fight by his side. However, I will never forget what his anger felt like. I'm thankful that I'm not on the wrong side of that anger unlike those Stormtroopers,
"Good. I don't think I would've been able to continue without you. As you said, fighting Lord Vader, even with both of us and Cere put together, is suicide. Fighting him alone would've been even worst."