| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 ➪ 𝐊𝐲𝐥𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐧 |

Prompt:
Kylo Ren and (Y/N) battle on Hoth.

Requested by chelsea-Love

She/Her

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

In the thick of battle, the only thing one's mind thinks about is survival, but not you. Your thoughts lingered on how many of your men lost their lives, the smell of burning flesh and charring bodies, and the only man you truly feared. Kylo Ren. Although you've never even met the Sith Lord, you could sense his every move on the planet. His boots crunching against the white Hoth snow, his heart rate increasing as he made a new move, and how his emotions were so conflicted.

                    Unsheathing your (F/C) lightsaber, you slashed through the blasters of two Stormtroopers, then pushed them back off a cliff using the force, an ability you didn't fully understand even now.

                    Sweat condensates over your brows as you continue to slice through the First Order Troops. You hated fighting, but by doing so, you could save many others on your side; the Resistance,

                   "(Y/N), you're needed up front!" the voice of Finn, a First Order deserter yelled up through the fog of combat while blasting through the helmet of one of his old brothers, "Kylo Ren is there, and he's cutting through our troops like they're nothing."

                    You felt your breath catch in your throat, but you just nodded at Finn, pulling your hood up over your head, and sprinting towards the sounds of screams. You could sense everything about him, and you knew he could feel you too.

You weren't prepared for what you saw. The Sith held one of your friends, Ruby, in a force-choke, while continuing to slice through multiple men, like a hot knife to butter,

"Let her GO!" you yelled, force-pushing the man off his feet, causing Ruby to fall from his grip, and scamper off like a terrified animal.

Kylo Ren quickly got back to his feet, and squinted, "You're the one I've been feeling through the force," he noticed immediately, not phased by the trick you just pulled on him.

"So what?" you asked, flipping your blade in your hand and pointing it in his direction, "You've butchered many of my friends and family today. I don't appreciate it."

"That goes both ways," he snarks, watching your every movement, "You're strong with the force, but you're untrained. Tell me, do you have a name?"

"Why do you care?" you questioned, completely baffled by how cryptic he was being. Why weren't you two locked in an epic battle that would be told for generations to come? How come he hasn't pulled a fast one on you, and hasn't tried to force-choke you, like he did with Ruby?

                   "Just want to know so I can tell the undertaker when he asks what he should carve into your gravestone," he replied, clenching his lightsaber roughly.

                    "Won't need to bother," you chime in, "I know you're Ben Solo, son of Han Solo and Leia Organa. You can call me (Y/N) (L/N)."

                    You could tell that mentioning his kin only made the Sith Lord angrier. You could sense his anger rising, as if he was in a bottle, and one more word would cause him to burst. He rose his lightsaber above his head, and smashed it against yours,

                   "How does it feel knowing you murdered your father? Your own flesh and blood?" you taunted, knowing this boy wasn't much older than you, and his emotions were much looser than yours, so picking and him piece by piece would either guarantee your victory, or your agonizing defeat.