Citadel (Echo)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is one of the chosen few to attend the rescue of Master Even Piell from the Citadel alongside her husband, Echo. Things turn south fast when they are discovered.

Requested by inparanormal

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

The Citadel, a prison constructed to hold even the strongest of Jedi, had a very heavy aura around it. It was so humid around the prison that I believed I would pass out from the heat.
The Jedi Council had chosen Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and myself, alongside a good bit of the 501st and 212th battalion to break into this prison and free Master Even Piell from inside the walls.

I couldn't comprehend how Master Piell had gotten captured in the first place. Whenever I was a Padawan, Master Piell was assigned as my master, so this was a difficult mission for me. I felt like if I failed to rescue Master Piell, I would be a sad excuse for a Jedi. I am very thankful Master Skywalker, Master Kenobi, and my secretive husband, Echo, were able to join me during this tough mission,
"Come on, General," Echo whispered, clasping my shoulder with his gloved hand.

It always irked me that Echo had to call me 'General' even though him and I are married. It felt disrespectful, not just for Echo, but for all the other Clones of the Republic. I wish they would just call me (Y/N). That's all I am. Jedi Knights aren't supposed to be Generals of a war— we are supposed to be peace keepers. I wish that was still the case.

"I'm coming," I answered, snapping out of my thoughts about my old master. Using the back of my hand, I wiped the dripping sweat away. I then followed the few members of the 501st and my fellow Jedi into the shadows.
There were droids everywhere around this place. A piece of me wondered how this place wasn't considered Separatist territory. In the galaxy's eyes, it was just a prison... but to the Jedi, this was a plot against the Republic and the Jedi Order.

Somehow, we managed to stay out of the droids' scanners and remain undetected. Using the force, Anakin lead us to an abandoned area near the back of the Citadel. There were less droids here, and it seemed like we were in much better cover. Igniting his lightsaber, he cut a large hole in a hollow spot in the wall. We all leapt through, careful to remain undetected as we did.

If I thought it was hot outside, I wasn't prepared for how hot it was on the inside. It felt like we had been shoved into an oven with the door locked. I understood now how this place breaks down the will of the Jedi. I couldn't imagine being here 24/7 for the rest of your life. I could hardly walk from the heat,

"Damn," I whispered towards Anakin and Obi-Wan while wiping away sweat from my brow, "No wonder this place is considered impenetrable. No one would want to come here with this heat."

Obi-Wan clasped a hand on my shoulder, "I know it's hard, but imagine how Master Piell feels. We need to hurry to get him out of her as soon as possible."

I nodded in agreement, the thought of my old master being here far longer than any of creating a sense of urgency, "Let's get a move on."

Anakin quickly created a plan. All three Jedi would split up and take a handful of Clones with them.
Anakin would head to the higher levels since he was a far more aggressive Jedi, and he had a higher chance of taking out more and more droids than Obi-Wan and I could. He would take Rex and Fives with him.