| 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 ➪ 𝐀𝐡𝐬𝐨𝐤𝐚 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐨 |

Prompt:
Based on E.K. Johnston's book, "Ahsoka."

Not a Request ♥︎

She/Her

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

         "Have you ever dreamed of traveling the galaxy, Ashla?" you asked, waving your hand across the ink-black sky that was splashed with stars, "I've always dreamed of getting off of Raada and starting anew. This place has nothing for us, especially now with the Stormtroopers."

          Ashla nodded, her lekku bouncing up and down, "Yeah. I've seen a bit, but nothing fancy. I've always dreamed of going to Tatooine. My friend was from there."

           "Tatooine?" you snorted, "Tatooine is one place I've been, and let me tell you, it's less pretty than this moon."

           The girl laughed, "Okay I'll admit, I just remembered, I went to Tatooine once. It was horrible."

The two of them shared another bout of giggles, and then silence. You had met Ashla while scavenging for parts to make an Astromech companion. It just so happened that Ashla owned a droid shop for repairs, which you somewhat knew about, and she had all the equipment that you needed, so you snuck in. Long story short, Ashla beat the Tauntaun scat out of you, and you picked up an apprenticeship under her,

"What was your life like before you came to Raada?" you continued. You rarely ever pried into the Togruta's past, because you knew she hated talking about it. It made her change. Made her sad and angry.

She shuffled awkwardly, drawing weird shapes into the dry dirt beneath the two of you, "Definitely an adventure. I had a friend. We were inseparable, but one day I decided to leave for the better of everybody."

"What happened to them?" you asked, knowing you were probably asking too much, and she would get mad and go to sleep, "They're not here now."

          "He. He's not here now," Ashla corrects, glancing back up to the sky with sad blue eyes, "And the same thing that happens to everyone happened to him. The Troopers got Anakin, I assume."

           You laid your hand on her shoulder and squeezed softly, "I'm sorry I brought it up. If you thought of Anakin as a friend, then I'm sure he was the best. I'm sorry you had to lose him."

           "Yeah, me too. Thanks, (Y/N)," she sighed, laying her large head on your shoulder, "I never really talk about him because it's so hard. When I finally do talk about him, sure it hurts, but it does feel better."

"I had a friend too once," you admitted, remembering his gorgeous face, how it curved perfectly when it met yours into a kiss, and how you were never afraid to speak your mind around him, and the way his life got snatched away from you so quickly, "You remind me a lot of him in many ways."

"We all have our secrets, our regrets and our memories. It's all we have now," she calmly commented, still laying on your shoulder, "We should head back to the village. It's almost curfew time."

        Helping you up, Ashla lead the two of you back quietly into the lonesome village that you had grown up in. You never had particularly wanted to ditch the moon, but ever since the Stormtrooper's invaded, it's all you wanted to do. Pack a bag and leave with Ashla. But you knew it was impossible, and very dangerous.

         Ashla laid a hand on your shoulder and squeezed softly, "You okay, (Y/N)?" she asked while slowing down so she could talk to you better, "You seem... off?"