Uphill Battle (Darth Maul)

Prompt:
Many years have passed since Maul and (Y/N) crossed paths. After Order 66, Maul reminds (Y/N) about how he told her this would happen and to kill young Anakin Skywalker while she had the chance.

Not a Request♥︎

Part 2! Heed His Warning

She/Her❥

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

It had been over 20 years since I had last seen Darth Maul. I had heard rumours that he had returned even after Obi-Wan Kenobi had sliced the Dathomirian Sith in half. Members of the Jedi Order, such as Kenobi himself and Anakin Skywalker confirmed those claims, but I couldn't believe it. No, I wouldn't believe it.

The force had been telling me to seek him out as of late. It had been reminding me of our first meeting on Tatooine after the Sith tried to assassinate the young Anakin Skywalker... the force was reminding me of his words...

His warning about Anakin, and what he will become.
He was right about everything. He had claimed that Anakin would spiral into an unstoppable force that would alter both the Light and the Dark Side of the force. Anakin Skywalker ended up being seduced by the Dark Side by the Sith Lord, Sheev Palpatine, and he single-handedly wiped the Jedi Order away from the galaxy.

Now, I find myself on Tatooine once again. I had escaped with Obi-Wan Kenobi and the little baby, Luke Skywalker. Now, Obi-Wan and I watch over Anakin's son, but as the days pass, the urge to find Maul grows.
"I wish you'd stop thinking about him," Obi-Wan said while poking a metal prod into our small fire to keep it growing, "I can sense Maul is on your mind."

Obi-Wan was like a brother to me. He has always been there for me whenever I have needed him the most, so it just made sense that I would stay on Tatooine with him after Anakin's fall to the Dark Side.
I know if I was in charge of Luke's safety the way Obi-Wan is, he wouldn't leave me alone either. That's just how we are.

"I can sense him on Tatooine, you know," I said while mindlessly poking at the sand vole I had managed to capture earlier for a small supper. I had also caught Obi-Wan one as well, "Darth Maul. He's here. This is where he came after he escaped Ahsoka's ship after their fight on Mandalore. I can feel his anger."

Obi-Wan shook his head while taking a bite from his dinner, "Ignore him then. I know what he told you all those years ago when we took... Anakin off of Tatooine, but you have to move on. He killed Qui-Gon and so many others."
I knew he was thinking about Satine. I'm one of the only people who knew about Obi-Wan and Satine's relationship. That crushed him more than even Qui-Gon's death.

I knew he had a point. Obi-Wan knew that the Dathomirian had been on my mind the entirety of these last 20 years. Padmé Amidala, one of Anakin's closest friends, had told me about the Tuskin Raiders the Chosen One had murdered after his mother died... Maul's words rang in my ears for a long time after that.
Now, with Order 66? Sometimes, I wish I had just listened to him about Anakin when he initially warned me about what he would become.

There was no logical reason for me to listen to Maul all those years ago. He was a Sith Lord with the intention of harming a Jedi Padawan, and he had the intention of convincing a Jedi Knight to kill that Padawan. There was no proof behind his claims either besides that fact that he had a dream.
That's not a good defence to try and convince me to murder a child.

I rose to my feet and brushed away the sandy earth below from my pants, "You can finish off my vole if you'd like. I have to go find Maul."