Live for You (Darth Vader)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is Luke Skywalker's best friend. They go to challenge Vader and the Emperor, and when Vader sacrifices himself for his son, (Y/N) realizes she might have feelings for this Sith Lord.

Requested by Lady-Apocalypse

She/Her❥

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

Everything was flowing in slow motion. We had lost; Luke Skywalker and I. We had gone to fight the Emperor and Lord Vader, and Luke was now pinned to the ground by the Emperor's ferocious lightning. Screams left his mouth which were like daggers to my heart.
Luke Skywalker is my best friend, and this was worst than torture... his screams... oh, his screams,

"Help him!" I cried to Lord Vader, who was holding me firmly back while the Emperor tortured his son, "He's your son! Don't let the Emperor do this to him!"

Vader's grip tightened on my shoulder as I tried to force myself away from the Sith, "We have no choice. It's the Emperor's will. If Skywalker doesn't accept his destiny and join the Dark Side, then he's better off dead."

Luke screams radiated throughout the Emperor's chambers. Tears pricked at my eyes. I whipped around to face Vader; a surprised look on my face, "There's no way you actually believe that! Luke doesn't deserve death like this! I know you're evil, but I never pictured you being this evil!"

"You don't know a thing about me," the Sith snapped back while forcefully pulling you into his chest as you attempted escape once more, "Luke was not supposed to happen. I wasn't supposed to have any children. So, what's the worst thing that will happen if I simply let him go."

I growled and bashed all my weight back into the Sith's chest. This was the only chance I had to escape and help my childhood friend escape a long and painful death.
I flew from Vader's arms as my shove knocked him off balance. Using the force, I grabbed Luke's lightsaber from the ground and flew in front of the young Skywalker; blocking the lightning from hitting him.

The Emperor cackled while ceasing his lightning from the young Skywalker, "This was unexpected. Maybe I should've let Lord Vader kill you first so I could deal with all of this according to my plan."

I held Luke's lightsaber up and growled while staring daggers at the Emperor, "I'd like to see you both try and kill me. I'll do anything for Luke. There's not a damn thing anyone can do about it."

"You're strong. I like that," the Emperor grinned while motioning for Vader to advance and fight me himself, "I think young Skywalker and I can wait until my apprentice has taken care of you before we move along. Do what must be done, Lord Vader."

Fear overtook all of my emotions at those words. I knew I would do anything to protect Luke, as he felt like family compared to just a friend. He was my best friend... but I don't think I could keep Vader at bay for long, "Please," I whispered to the Sith, "Don't do this. Join your son and I. We can free the galaxy from the Emperor's iron fist. I can sense you don't like any of this."

Vader stood there silently, the gears turning in his head. I couldn't even begin to assume over what the man was thinking, but I wasn't one to wait and find out, "Please, Lord Vader. Luke and I both could sense the good in you. Don't prove us wrong!"

Without missing a beat, Vader unsheathed his lightsaber. The red glow enveloped the room and I immediately lost faith. This was it: I would duel Vader, lose, and that would be the end of it. The Emperor would kill Luke too, and the galaxy would fall to the Empire once and for all. I won't go down without a fight, though.