Protect Her or Die Trying (Wrecker)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is a Jedi Master, once in hiding, but has joined up with the Bad Batch to protect Omega from a certain Bounty Hunter.

Requested by inparanormal

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

Omega had become everything to me, besides my boyfriend, Wrecker. Life was pretty good right now; I had met my true family outside of the extinct Jedi Order, I have gotten a loving boyfriend, and Omega feels like the child I never had. I am so grateful for the Bad Batch, but all good things must come to an end sometime. And unfortunately, that end would come sooner than any of us anticipated.

The Empire had evidently put out a tracking puck for Omega with a hefty reward for whichever Bounty Hunter brought her in. Only rule was to make sure she was brought in alive. The Empire didn't care if I, or the Bad Batch, ended up dying. Omega is all they wanted.
So, one of the best Bounty Hunters in the galaxy picks up Omega's bounty... Cad Bane.

I had dealt with Cad Bane a few times in my career as a Jedi. I had helped Jedi Knight, Anakin Skywalker all those years ago when the Emperor was making Cad Bane steal a holocron from the Jedi records.
Anakin had almost lost Ahsoka that night, and he is very lucky I was around. Unfortunately, I don't have a second Jedi to fend off Cad Bane with: only a group of Clones. Hopefully that would be enough.

The Bad Batch and myself were on the planet of Bora Vio, which is where Tech tracked Omega and Cad Bane to when the Duros took her, "I hope we aren't too late," I whispered under my breath while leaning on Wrecker's chest plate. Tears were streaming down my face. I felt like I let Omega down when she was captured by Bane, and... if we were somehow too late to help her escape... we would never find her again.

"Try not to worry, sunshine," Wrecker said in a whisper. Normally, Wrecker was very loud and aggressive... that's kind of his thing. But, now that his girlfriend is in pain, he softens up, and becomes a whole different person. Sunshine is the name he gave me, because he claims I light up his world, "I don't want to lose Omega either. None of us do. We will all do everything in our power to bring her back."

I sniffled softly and kissed Wrecker's rugged, scarred cheek, "What kind of Jedi am I if I couldn't even sense the danger coming to Omega? I shouldn't even be on this team. You guys are too good with and without me."

Wrecker wrapped his arms tightly around me and squeezed, "Please don't talk like that. Hearing you speak like that about yourself makes me sick."

I sighed and nodded; closing my eyes. I felt at home in Wrecker's arms. I felt safe in Wrecker's arms. It has been months since I felt safe anywhere. Since the Emperor Palpatine started the Jedi eradication all those months ago, all I have felt was insecurity and fear. Everyone I have ever known and loved was dead:
Ahsoka Tano was like the Padawan I never had. Kit Fisto, my old Master, was slain by the Emperor himself.
Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi were MIA. I hope they're both okay... they were the best Jedi that the Order had ever trained.

"I'm sorry, Wrecker," I whispered, wiping my tears away, "It's stupid, but I look at Omega like she's a daughter, or a little sister. I've already lost so many people that I love... I can't stand to lose another. And not to mention the risk that Cad Bane poses to you guys. I can't stand it."

Wrecker tightened his grip around my body and placed a kiss on my forehead, "We're capable Clones, sunshine. Try not to worry. We will get Omega back, and nothing will ever happen to her again."