Blinded (Kanan Jarrus)

Prompt:
Kanan inwardly blames his Padawan, Ezra Bridger, for Darth Maul striking his face, causing irreversible blindness. Astris Skywalker must create a space of comfort for the discouraged Jedi, as he did for her regarding her father.

Requested by AllisonTart

Part 2! Comfort

She/Her❥
•OC Insert

3rd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

"One more time, Ezra," Astris said in annoyance while Ezra threw another one of his kid-like tantrums, "You're beginning to get that move down! Keep on practicing and you'll have it in no time!"

The young Skywalker had noticed Ezra's blossoming anger as of lately. It was a mix of things, and she wasn't stupid. Astris knew that Darth Maul had influenced the Padawan more than he would like to admit, and after Kanan had been blinded by the Dathormirian, Ezra simply wasn't the same,

"He blames me, you know," Ezra said while sheathing his green blade; an annoyed look on his face, "He blames me because I fell for Maul's tricks. He's right though— this is all my fault."

"This is no one's fault except for Maul," Astris snapped while sheathing her blue lightsaber.

Although Astris hadn't been training very long herself, she had already excelled beyond Ezra's abilities. That annoyed Ezra a lot, and Astris couldn't blame him one bit. Perhaps it was her Skywalker blood that was affecting her training progress. Regardless, Ezra wasn't a fan of Astris or Kanan right now.

Ezra kicked a rock lazily out towards the distance and glared angrily at the woman, "Whatever you say won't change the truth. I understand you're trying to help me feel better, but it isn't working. Until Kanan regains his sight, I will continue to be angry at you."

Now Astris felt like the Padawan was blaming her for her boyfriend's blindness now. Everyone was devastated over Kanan's vision loss, especially Astris.
She sighed and watched the young boy storm off to somewhere more private. Astris didn't try and follow.

Ezra needed to mourn his master. Although Kanan wasn't actually dead, his career as a Jedi and Rebel alike could be over thanks to Darth Maul. That made Astris' heart jump nervously. The one thing that has kept Kanan strong during the entirety of his life after Order 66 was the fact that he could still attempt to have some normality in his life.
This ruined it.

The only person in the galaxy Astris wanted to be with after Ezra's outburst was Kanan. But, her boyfriend had made it painfully clear that we wanted to be left alone to gather this thoughts and come to terms with what had happened. That was around a month ago, so Astris couldn't help but wonder, despite Kanan's clear desire to be alone, if she should be with him anyways. It had been long enough, and loneliness isn't good company for that long.

She gathered up all of her supplies from the training and quickly returned them to her room. The Ghost Squad was on Lothal as of now, thanks to the fact that they had successfully overturned the Imperial control on the planet. Lothal was a constant battleground between the Empire and the Rebels— who knew how long it would be till the Empire regained their control.

Astris took all the supplies onto the Ghost Squad's ship. She and Kanan had shared a room, but she had been occupying it by herself for a while now ever since Kanan's blinding.

She pushed through the door and sighed in frustration. Why did this have to happen to Kanan? He was the truest, most sincere soul in the entire galaxy— Astris wished that Maul had attacked her instead of him.
She blew some air from her nose and sat down on their bed after putting away the training supplies. Astris was trying to remember where Kanan said he was going.