She Disagrees (Boba Fett)

Prompt:
(Y/N) and Boba Fett grew up during the Clone Wars with each other. The two of them were raised by Bossk and Cad Bane to understand the code of the Bounty Hunters, but (Y/N) doesn't like the path Boba has gone down.

Requested by RL_REDHH

She/Her

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

Staring down at the frozen carbonite, you couldn't help but sigh. The illusive Han Solo stared lifelessly back into your eyes; his hands extended as if he was trying to grab you and pull you in with him. This just didn't seem right. Your lifetime friend and partner, Boba Fett, was responsible for this. The only thing he got in return was whatever insane amount of money was apart of Solo's bounty. None of this seemed right to you, but you knew better than to talk back or ask questions.
"He's all yours, Bounty Hunters," Lord Vader said while pushing the block of carbonite towards  you and Boba, "You have proved yourselves to be worthy. The Empire will spare any crimes you two have committed."

"Thank you, my Lord," you answered as Boba began to tow Han Solo towards the Slave I. You bowed, then followed him to the ship. Once Vader was out of earshot, you whispered, "Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, Jabba will kill Solo, and we won't even be getting a huge bounty. Like it's big, don't get me wrong, but is it worth this?"

"Yes it is," Boba replied without missing a beat, "Solo has been running from his debts for years now. In my opinion, Jabba should've just sent us to kill him and not bother with getting him alive."

Perhaps you'd gone soft after years of doing this taxing work, or maybe Boba had gotten meaner and angrier after years of this kind of work. Nonetheless, you just followed the Bounty Hunter onto the Slave I. This just... didn't feel right. Using Solo to test out the carbonite system for a lone Jedi. You never had issues with the Jedi, even when they ruled the galaxy. Peacekeepers forced into war... it was unfair.

"What's happened to you?" you asked as Boba kicked the ship to life. The two of you weren't even worried about the blaster bolts wizzing past the Slave I. The two of you couldn't even bother to care, but for different reasons.
Boba wasn't bothered by it because he was about to get paid an insane amount of cash, but you didn't care because your boyfriend was beginning to change. And you didn't like this change at all.

Boba sighed in annoyance from under his helmet, "The real question, my dear, is what happened to you? You used to be feared by the masses, and hell, even I was impressed by your Bounty Hunting abilities, but now? You've grown soft."

"Maybe more mature," you argued as Boba kicked the Slave I into hyperspace once the two of you exited the ozone layer of Bespin, "Bounty Hunting was what we had to do to survive during the Clone Wars, but the galaxy has grown more domesticated. We aren't needed anymore."

"Apparently that ain't the case considering the Empire needed us because we're the best," he argued back; his tone indicating he was surprised about your way of thinking.

Another sigh left your lips as Boba turned on the autopilot, "I know we hated Jedi back when Jango was killed, but leading this Luke Skywalker to his death doesn't seem fair to me. He's just a kid."

"And I was just a kid when my father was killed," Boba snapped back; anger in his voice very evident thanks to the mentioning of his father, "It doesn't matter— the Jedi are nothing but trouble."