Hidden (Captain Rex)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is Obi-Wan Kenobi's Padawan. They have a secret relationship with Captain Rex, and the pair has to consistently dodge the suspicious eyes of Commander Cody.

Requested by ranovlas

They/Them

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Chin up, (Y/N)," the voice of your Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi instructed while tapping your chin with his sparring blade; a wooden sword essentially, "It'll help you focus and keep your attention on the enemy. Looking at the floor will only get you killed."

"I know this Master, I'm just a little bit frustrated," you responded while bouncing your blade from hand to hand, "Wouldn't it be more productive to help Master Skywalker, Padawan Tano and the 501st with the war efforts?"

Obi-Wan just smiled, "It wouldn't be helpful if we showed up and you fought as well as you have been doing today. You're normally more focused. What's on your mind?"

Jeez. That's a loaded question for sure. You didn't even know where to start. You needed to bullshit up a response so Obi-Wan would leave you alone. If you Master knew the real reason you were distracted, you'd be asked to leave the Jedi Order forever. Captain Rex of the 501st battalion and yourself had started a secretive relationship behind the backs of Master Kenobi and Skywalker. So, that's really what was on your mind.
"It's really nothing, Master," you responded while bringing the sword up in front of your chest, "I think I ate something bad for dinner last night. I'm having some uncomfortable cramps."

Your Master didn't look convinced in the slightest, but he didn't try any further to get information out of you. After training a man like Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan knew the stubbornness all too well. You shared that stubbornness and Obi wouldn't dare to try and fight that.
"Let's spar one more time, then we can head out and join Anakin."

You did as commanded; falling into Form IV to counter Obi-Wan's Form III. Obi-Wan has always been a very defensive Jedi: only going on the offensive when his opponents were worn down from attacking. Form III was mainly used against blaster bolts, while Form IV is perfect when fighting against one person. The two Forms clashed perfectly.

Of course, the sparring swords were only wood, so you, nor Kenobi held back. You tried to move the blade close to Master Kenobi's wrist; a tactic taught to you by Mace Windu. It's a risky move, but if executed right, will disarm or even remove the hands from the opponent. It leaves your torso unguarded though. Perhaps you needed to pick up a second lightsaber soon to help counter that opening.
"You're thinking too much!" your Master shouted while banging his wooden lightsaber into your chest; you form plummeting into the ground, "Just let the force guide you!"

You snapped back up to your feet; calling the lightsaber back into your grip. You smashed it against his; the sound echoing through the training room. There were a few other Padawan and Master pairs in the training room, and all of them stopped to watch. You ignored them, though, despite the itch of ego that was flourishing in your stomach. If the other Padawan and Masters stopped to watch, you must be good.

"You're getting cocky, old man," you snapped, whirling the wooden lightsaber in your hands, "Let's see if you can keep up."

The duel went on for countless minutes. It felt like hours, when in reality, only 10 minutes had gone by. Obi-Wan hadn't even broken a sweat yet. Compared to you, he was unscathed.
"Come on, (Y/N)!" a young voice, belonging to one of your Padawan buddies; a kid from Naboo named Jaxon, shouted; his Master irritably nudging his shoulder, telling him to be quiet.