Good Soldiers Follow Orders (Hunter)

Prompt:
When a mission to help (Y/N) and Caleb Dume escape after Order 66 goes south, Hunter must say goodbye to one of his friends at the expense of his brother.

Requested by inparanormal

She/Her❥

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

Order 66 had just been activated by the crooked Chancellor Palpatine. Unfortunately for you, you had been assigned to help Jedi Master Depa Billaba and her young Padawan Caleb Dume. Before Order 66 was initiated, it was a rough battle between the Droids and Clones, so Master Billaba called in Clone Force 99 for assistance. This ended up being the worst decision she could possibly make.

Right after Hunter, Wrecker, Echo, Crosshair, and Tech landed on the planet, the Jedi and the Clones began to get to know each other considering you and the Bad Batch had never met before. Pretty soon, Hunter and yourself were well adjusted to the situation, and you were beginning to enjoy having the Clone Force 99 around.
Although it was mainly serious conversation, you still enjoyed their presence: specifically Hunter's.

However, Master Billaba's Clone Captain, Grey, received a com link from the Chancellor. After he finished the brief call with Palpatine, he swivelled around and shot Master Billaba right in the back,
"MASTER!" Caleb shouted, igniting his blue lightsaber.

You grabbed Caleb by the cuff of his robe and began pulling him towards the woods. The majority of Master Billaba's battalion ignored the two of you. They stayed in place, shooting Billaba ruthlessly despite her already being dead.
You managed to shoot a look at Hunter of disbelief over what had just happened! Had he known what the Clones would do? Was he with them? Did he try and talk to you just so he could stab you in the back later?
So many questions left unanswered.

Sweat poured down your forehead despite the bitter cold and sharp winds. You could feel Caleb begging the tears of betrayal and sadness to fade, but you didn't even try to correct him. This was the only instance that you believed was okay to cry. You wanted to cry. The Clones were your enemies— they wanted to kill you!
You racked your brain for answers. You hoped this was just Master Billaba's battalion and not a phenomenon stretching across the galaxy,

"(Y/N)!" a voice shouted from behind you and Caleb. You span around and locked eyes with Hunter. Wrecker, Tech, and Echo were nowhere to be seen, but he had Crosshair with him.
You ignited your (F/C) lightsaber and twirled it in your hand,

"Don't come any closer, traitor!" you shouted; your voice cracking from the pain of betrayal, "I will not hesitate to cut you down where you stand."

Hunter held his hands in the air in surrender and eyed his brother, Crosshair, "We are not your enemies. We do not know why General Billaba's battalion struck out like that, but we have no intention of attacking you. You have to trust us!"

Hunter looked so true with his words. You couldn't decipher if it was true, or if he was just trying to convince you of it just to shoot you and Caleb in the back like they did with Master Billaba,
"I don't trust either of you!" Caleb shouted, looking at Crosshair, "I sense uncertainty in Crosshair! I don't believe this for a second."

Hunter looked in shock at his brother. Indeed, Crosshair was shaking. It was as if everything inside him was trying to convince him to either cease fire or shoot the two Jedi into oblivion. Crosshair held down his weapon and nodded, "I am not going to hurt you by Hunter's orders."