Lies (Admiral Thrawn)

Prompt:
(Y/N) and Admiral Thrawn have been openly dating for a while now. They are running the Chimaera together, and Governor Pryce confronts them. She is worried they aren't leading to their full potential because of their clear biases...

Requested by dragonsfangs

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Lord Vader is expecting us back with the Death Star in an hour's time," the Admiral commented in my direction as I wrote down some notes pertaining to the Rebellion on Lothal. I would imagine Lord Vader would dispatch his Inquisitors to the planet, but it was hard to read what the Sith planned on doing.

"Are we on schedule?" I asked back towards Thrawn while not looking up from my notes. I didn't want to lose my spot— these notes were too important to just skim and skip.

The Chiss nodded and responded with a light hum from his lips, "We should be early."

I finally looked up from my notes and smiled to the Chiss. Whenever he mentioned that the Chimaera would be arriving to its designated destination early, that meant that he wanted to hold me. To tell me how much he loved me, and how he could never imagine living another day if I wasn't around. We had enough time: why not?
I placed the notes into my Officer uniform pocket and went to follow Thrawn. We were on the bridge of the Star Destroyer, so I was following him back to his office.

Just thinking about what Thrawn had planned gave me butterflies in my stomach. The Chiss had exquisite wine tastes, so likely the two of us would share a quick glass of wine. To top it all off, we could watch the stars together from inside his office. Away from the constant stress of the galaxy.

"Wait just a second you two!" a prissy female voice entered my hearing as Thrawn and I made it to the door that lead out of the bridge.
Both Thrawn and I spun around to see who it was. I already recognized her identity from her voice alone, but it was a habit to look into anyone's eyes that speaks. It was Governor Pryce, "Where do you think you're going?"

"It's none of your business, Governor," the Chiss replied with a hint of annoyance in his tone, "I am the Grand Admiral. I don't have to tell you anything about what I choose to do."

"It is my job to make sure this crew is being taken care of the way it should. Considering how the two of you have been in a romantic relationship for a while now, it's clear you both only have yourselves to consider," the Governor replied harshly while looking me up and down, as if she was judging me based on appearance alone.

Thrawn shook his head and rolled his eyes. There was a hint of surprise in his expression though, as if he was shocked that even Pryce would dig that deep, "You've worked with me for years now, Governor. You have known me well enough to know my top priority, even over (Y/N) is to our Empire. It is foolish that you would think otherwise."

Pryce clasped her hands behind her back and shrugged, "Unfortunately, Grand Admiral, I have already contacted the other Admirals of the Empire, and they all agree you and Officer (L/N) share a risky position together. They have instructed me to take over your position until they can decide what to do."

My eyebrows flew up in surprise over that outrageous statement, "What? No one besides the Emperor or Lord Vader has that power. Which Admirals did you speak to? I'm sure Lord Vader would love to have a word with them and remind them, and you if our very serious rules."