| 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭 ➪ 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐧 |

Prompt:
(Y/N) is the newest member of the Rebellion. As an ex-First Order troop, the Rebels are having a hard time trusting him.

Not a Request ♥︎

He/Him

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"How can we trust him?" I heard through the sturdy metal doors that were separating me from the unmistakable voices that belonged to General Organa and Poe Dameron, "He was a Stormtrooper just days ago— slaughtered our friends and family, and now he wants to join us in arms against the First Order?"

           "Finn trusts him," Poe said with confidence, "And we should too. Wasn't Finn a trooper not too long ago?"

I adverted my attention from the loud bickering from the two positions of power, and transferred by eyes to Finn, who ironically was sitting in front of me, "Are they like this all the time?" I hummed, trying to hide my immense disappointment.

"No, they aren't," he answered, "But you have to realize their reasoning. We have a rebellion to keep running. It's precautions."

          I sighed yet again and just kept my thoughts to myself. General Organa and Commander Dameron have no idea what I've went through just in the small time that I stayed in the Order. All the people I had to kill for the Supreme Leader, all the times I've had to turn away and watch as my brother and sisters murdered and pillaged innocent people. It was disgusting. I knew damn well the only one who understood me was the man sitting in front of me,

         "What was it like for you," I murmured out softly, clearing my throat, "To successfully escape the First Order?"

         Finn looked down at the ground; his dark chocolate eyes skimming the floor in thought, "Terrifying. Phamsa was the last bucket head I saw before I left. I had nightmares for months, filled with her soulless eyes. It gets better though once you get established here."

          "Do you think I'll even get established here?" I questioned the older man, "Please be honest with me."

Finn's eyes rose from the ground, and without a second thought, he nodded, "I wouldn't have brought you here if I didn't trust you. I know you hate what the Order has done almost as much as I do, maybe even more. It'll take time for them to trust you, but they trust me, and that's enough for them."

          "You sure?" I questioned him again, listening to the constant arguing from the other room, "I know I'm a huge liability. I'm sure the Order already has a bounty out on my name, and I don't blame you if you don't want that responsibility."

           Finn rolled his eyes and smiled, "Are you really First Order? You would know that all of our faces are plastered on wanted posters. Trust me, that's not an issue at all. Sometimes, we have competitions to see who's bounty is larger. I'm sure you can't even scratch us with your puny little starting bounty."

            "Hey, don't be rude," I smiled a smidge, trying to cover it up with my confusion, sadness and anger from the last few days, "I'm being serious."

           "I saw that smile, (Y/N)," he chuckled reaching over the table; pushing a piece of hair behind my ear, "Smile more, even if you're mad. It works well on you."

           My smile turned right into a blush at that comment. I hadn't really thought about it at first, but the ex-Stormtrooper was rather handsome, and he did know how to flirt, that was for sure.

"That's good too," Finn continued, moving his hand down from the side of my head where he moved my hair, and to my cheek, "You're cute when you blush."