Holocron (Boba Fett)

Prompt:
(Y/N), Boba Fett, and Bossk are on a hunt for an important Jedi artifact to give to Emperor Palpatine.

Requested by RL_REDHH

She/Her❥

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

"It's-s-s right in there," the reptilian voice of Bossk whispered while pointing his sniper rifle towards the entrance to a small cave, "The Emperor gave us-s-s these s-s-specific coordinates."

"It looks empty to me," you responded nonchalantly while twisting a hairband between your pointer finger and thumb, "Are you sure you read those coordinates right?"

Bossk hissed and cuffed you on the ear with his large claws, "Has-s-s there ever been a time that you've known me to mess-s-s up something as simple as coordinates-s-s?"
Touché.

Boba cleared his throat and stared at you and Bossk both. Although he had his Mandalorian helmet on, you knew he had a very unamused look on his face,
"It's a Jedi artifact, (Y/N). They'd want to hide it in a place no one would be stupid enough to look in."

"Of course, we're stupid enough to look there," you mumbled while flinging the hairband across the desolate land, "Well, let's get in there in case there are some other idiots looking for the same Holocron."

Bossk hissed, unhappy that you were referring to him as an idiot, but that wasn't the intention. All three of you were idiots for taking this job in the first place. After Boba had taken Han Solo to Jabba the Hutt after Lord Vader was finished with him, he's said he wasn't interested in working for the Empire anymore. Obviously the money was good or the man wouldn't have taken the job.

You lead the way towards the cave; your arms swinging freely by your side. You'd been in the bounty hunting business or quite a long time, and you were used to being around the Trandoshan despite his lack of care for you. You knew Bossk loved your company. He loved to pretend that he didn't like you, but you knew that was his love language.

"Keep on guard," Boba growled lowly while approaching the entrance of the cave, "It looks deserted, but we won't know until we get there."

You nodded, looking to Bossk. The two of you loaded your weapons and stalked behind the man in Mandalorian armour. He always knew what to do, and both you and Bossk knew this. That's what made Boba the best Bounty Hunter in the galaxy; he was quick on his feet, talented with every weapon you could think of, and his success rate with bounties was unreal.
Creeping into the cave; Boba in the front, you on his left, and Bossk on his right, you all looked out for anyone who might've also come this far for the Holocron.

"What does the Emperor even want with this Holocron? Like, from what he's said, it seems like just... a square?" you asked, clenching your blaster in your hand.

"It's-s-s more than just a square, (Y/N)," Bossk hissed while peering around one of the cave wall corners, which was empty of any enemies, "The Jedi hide information in those things-s-s. Cad Bane once stole one with the names-s-s of unborn Jedi so he could hunt them down and kill them."

That hit deep in your soul. The Emperor wants to kill innocent kids? Why were you, Boba, and Bossk willingly doing this? It didn't seem right.
Boba moved his x-ray scanner down over the eyes of his helmet,
"The Holocron is right under us," he said, looking at you right after, "Are you okay, my love?"