My Feelings (Commander Cody)

Prompt:
Commander Cody, alongside General Kenobi and Commander (L/N), are tracking down General Grievous. When (Y/N) tracks down Grievous, things turn south.

Requested by inparanormal

He/Him

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

"Alright, Oddball! Get us down to the surface of Utapau!" the voice of Commander Cody said, giving the 212th's pilot, Oddball, his instructions. Commander Cody, Master Kenobi, and myself have been instructed to capture General Grievous dead or alive to quicken the pace to victory over the Separatists.
Utapau would hopefully be the final resting place of that cyborg.

I felt reassured knowing Commander Cody and the rest of the 212th would be attending this battle alongside Kenobi and I— the more the merrier, especially since Grievous personally has a vendetta against both Kenobi and I.
Commander Cody made me feel safe, and I'm not quite sure why.

I have never been attracted to anyone before considering I was brought up by the Jedi Order. Relationships had never seemed possible until I met Obi-Wan's commanding officer. Of course, Cody and I are not an item, but I get the feeling he has the same thoughts I do. He's always attached to me by the hip, and I wouldn't ask for it any other way.

Oddball lowered the shuttle to the ground. Only a few of Cody's men had attended this mission alongside us Jedi... we wanted to remain incognito in case this went bad really quickly. Only the best soldiers came along: Cody of course, Oddball, Boil, and Crys. It was an honour to serve with such impressive soldiers, but I can't focus on that right now.

"Commander," the voice of Cody said, grabbing my attention.
Yeah, I'm only a commander, not a general. I am the Padawan of Master Luminara, and although I should be with her, Kenobi needed me more. She's even been hinting at me graduating from Padawan to Knight soon, and I couldn't be more excited for that, "Sir, we have landed on Utapau!"

I grinned in excitement towards the Clone commander and nodded my head, "Perfect, Cody! Thank you for telling me!"

Cody nodded in affirmation at my thanks, and hurried off to go and join his personal general. Cody was much better at hiding his attraction for me compared to how I tried to hide my attraction for him. At this point, I'm sure Master Kenobi knows about his commander's feelings for me, but he has never been the confrontation type. And honestly, us sharing feelings for each other isn't interfering with anything— we aren't dating, so it's not against the code either.

"I think if we can bring General Grievous into custody, Master Luminara might consult the Council about your graduation into Knighthood," the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi said while approaching me, "You're very talented and think on your feet. If you were my Padawan, I would've already submitted you for graduation."

I bowed graciously; my eyes lingering to Cody's legs from beside Obi-Wan, "I appreciate it, Master. I won't fail you or my master."

Obi-Wan bowed back and spun around; leading Cody and I out of the cruiser. Utapau was very impressive to be sure; it's building and architecture taking my breath away. Obi-Wan pulled his hood over his head and turned to face Cody and I,
"I'm going to go ahead and get the locals' intel about where Grievous and the rest of the Separatists are hiding on Utapau. Cody and (Y/N) will stay here and keep watch. I don't want anyone suspicious leaving this planet."