Malachor (Darth Vader)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is a Sith Lord alongside her husband, Darth Vader. They get told to go to Malachor by the Emperor's orders to locate a Sith holocron. That's when things go south.

Requested by dragonsfangs

She/Her❥

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

The planet of Malachor sat before my husband and I. It was a rocky, hellish planet, but it radiated Dark Side energy. It felt like home— like the place I craved to be. Darth Vader must've sensed my enthusiasm, but he softly grabbed the back of my neck and started giving me a little massage,
"I can tell you're excited," he commented while landing the Imperial shuttle onto the rocks below, "I haven't felt excitement like this since we married."

"Just feel the energy here," I responded, taking a deep breath of fresh air, "This is like a Sith's paradise."

Vader chuckled lowly and turned the ship off. As it powered down, my husband clicked the door open. He and I both stepped out onto the surface of Malachor together.
Vader wasn't for publicly displaying his affection towards me, so I didn't grab his hand or hug him. But, the energy from the planet was enough to almost make me do it... almost.

"Remember, we're here on the Emperor's orders. We can't just appreciate the scenery or focus on how the planet feels. We need to find that Sith holocron and get back to the Death Star," Vader said, reminding me of our true mission, "Although, I have to admit, it does feel rather nice to be here."

I giggled softly and felt out in the force for the Sith holocron, "I knew you weren't just a boring old man."

I couldn't see Vader's face, but I know he was rolling his eyes at me. He rolled them for multiple reasons; the fact that I was so excited to be here on just 'another mission,' and the fact that I called him old man. But, I know he loves me, even with my relentless teasing.

But, despite the teasing, I did grow to be serious in this very moment. I could feel the holocron like it was right beside me, as Vader was,
"It's close, my love," I whispered, "Very close."

"Lead the way then," the Sith responded while beginning to follow me across the barren wasteland that was Malachor. He could feel it too, but he knew how much I adored this type of thing, so Vader let me have this moment to lead us to the holocron.
He's such a perfect husband, honestly.

There was a small cave ahead, a single kilometre away from the Imperial shuttle that Vader and I had arrived in only minutes ago. I started brisk walking, and Vader had no trouble keeping up. I knew he hated running, so I didn't make myself move any faster that what I was already moving at.

Vader and I made it to the cave in around 10 minutes. The cave looked abandoned, but it didn't feel that way,
"The holocron is definitely down there," my husband confirmed while peering into the cave, "Can you feel it? It's so strong."

I nodded. The power emanating from the cave was enough for me to grow slightly nauseous, "I've never felt power like this before."

"Be careful," Vader commanded, and I knew better than to ignore his commands. Vader has been a part of the Dark Side longer than I, so I trust his judgement. I have no idea what's down in that cave, and neither does Vader, "That energy feels similar to the Emperor."

What?
Why would the Emperor be here? He's the one that sent my husband and I to Malachor to find the holocron, so why would he come himself? Perhaps this was a test... one neither of us would fail.