On the Run (Kanan Jarrus)

Prompt:
(Y/N) and Kanan Jarrus had escaped Order 66 together, and were slowly falling in love. One night on Naboo, where the two are hiding, Kanan initiates the first move.

Requested by Natlix1986

She/Her❥

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

It had been exactly a year since Order 66 was initiated by Darth Sideous. Everyday that passed by while Kanan Jarrus and I still lived in the world was a life of torture. A life of unknown. A life of betrayal. This wasn't what Kanan or I wanted, but we simply had no word in that. It was far too late for us to make changes, and we simply had to adapt to what the force required of us.
And what the force required of us was to live in hiding.

So that's exactly what we did. Kanan and I had fled to Naboo after his and my master were killed on Kaller by the Clones; the Clones who we and the rest of the Jedi Order cherished and respected.
We were young adults now, but we still felt like kids. We had been forced to grow up and mature too early.

On Naboo, there was a small Stormtrooper battalion that had been sent out because someone had caught sight of a couple of Jedi. Even if the Empire considering a claim like that to potentially be a prank, they weren't one to ignore something like that.
Fortunately for Kanan and I, we could sense them coming.

"Who snitched?" Kanan hissed while packing up his backpack, "No one has been formally told that we are Jedi? How did they find us?"

I placed my hand on his shoulder and squeezed; hopefully comforting him on some level, "It could've been a vision from Darth Vader telling him to check out Naboo. We can't jump to conclusions like that, and plus, we've taken out many Stormtroopers in our day. This is no different."

"What if the Empire sends Inquisitors?" Kanan asked while licking his dry lips in panic, "It's been a long time since either of us used our lightsabers. I don't think we could survive an attack like that."

"We can't keep running either, though," I countered while continuing to pack my bag despite my claim, "We've been running for far too long. We can't let our fear of the Sith and the Empire control us. That's exactly what Vader and the Emperor want."

My Jedi accompaniment sighed and dropped his bag to the ground. Kanan looked defeated... damaged. I can't remember a time in our life before where Kanan didn't have eye bags and a permanent look of sadness etched to his face. It was incredibly depressing, but I'm sure I looked the same, too. Order 66 ruined a lot for us, and I don't think either of us will recover,

"What are we supposed to do then?" Kanan asked in both an annoyed tone and a curious tone. He knew I didn't have an answer, and we would have to flee Naboo and find another home.
This was getting too repetitive for me. I need structure. I want Kanan and myself to live in peace and not worry about being murdered by the Empire every day of our lives.

I looked down at the backpack; my eyes latching to the lightsaber I had neglected for so long. It called out to me through the force, and suddenly, I had the temptation to pick it up,
"We have two options, really," I said, wrapping my hand around the ancient blade, "We run again, and who knows how long we will be on the run before we find a suitable place. Or, we can fight and stay on Naboo."

Naboo had been the best place that Kanan and I had stayed on. It had fresh water, kind locals, and abundant food that grew in majestic gardens. Naboo was perfect for what we needed, and after this conversation with Kanan, I felt confident enough to fight for Naboo.