I Won't Say 'Love' (Admiral Thrawn)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is a simple soldier in the war against the Empire. She is very good at her job, and frequently comes in contact with the Grand Admiral. He has to come to terms with his forbidden attraction with her.

Requested by siriania

Part 1!

She/Her❥

3rd POV:
Thrawn
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

The Chiss stared in absolute disbelief over what was happening. (Y/N) had done it again: destroyed a good portion of his fleet without missing a beat! She always did this, and even Lord Vader and the Emperor were beginning to take notice in her unnatural abilities to take out the Empire's fleets.
"What should we do, Grand Admiral?" one of the Officers on deck asked as (Y/N)'s ship sped by, "I don't think we can shoot her down without damaging our other ships."

The Chiss smirked while leaning against the glass to stare at the ship, "Get her in a tractor beam. I want her on this ship unharmed."

The Officer stared in confusion at Thrawn's behaviour. It was obvious to everyone on board that Thrawn was beginning to grow soft in regards to this rebel. He used to bark orders to kill (Y/N), slow and painfully, but now... all he wanted was to get her in alive...

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

I zipped around effortlessly. The Star Destroyers of the Empire were pathetic, slow, and easy to destroy if you know what you're doing. And luckily, I did know what I was doing. Unknowingly to the Empire, I used to work in the construction branch, and I personally designed half of these ships.
The familiar sight of the Chimaera looked dangerously ahead, but I felt no fear. I had lost all fear after my family was killed by the Empire to make a point. If I died, it would be a mercy kill. Life wasn't worth living anymore, and I had nothing to lose,

"(Y/N)," a voice from inside the Chimaera growled; his voice filling my X-Wing, "Surrender now, or we will be forced to shoot you down."

I huffed and zipped around a set of TIE-Fighters; shooting them both down immediately, "Shoot your best shot, Grand Admiral," I smirked, recognizing the Chiss' voice anywhere. He'd chased me around the galaxy for quite a large amount of time now, so I wasn't surprised to hear his voice now, "Just know, you won't be able to catch me."

I could hear the smirk in the Chiss' voice as he accepted the challenge, "Unfortunately, you won't be able to escape now. You're lucky I am feeling generous today, otherwise you'd be blasted out of the sky faster than Lord Vader blasted Alderaan."

My heart skipped a beat at that.
My home planet was Alderaan, and I always held a reserve for Darth Vader after what he had done to me and my people. Alderaan was a peaceful planet, and I understand it was used as leverage over the Princess Leia, but... it didn't justify that many deaths. Men, women, and children all burned and fizzed out into nothingness because of the greediness of the Empire, and I will never forgive them,
"Yeah, because that threat will make me surrender," I snapped, the amusement immediately leaving my voice.

Thrawn didn't respond for a moment, and the reason never entered my brain. I just figured he was trying to conjure up a snarky response to rebuttal with. My question was quickly answered when my X-Wing shuddered to a complete stop in the dead of space... with dozens of TIE-Fighters surrounding me.
Of course, Thrawn would use a tractor beam. He's that low.

"Can't say I'm surprised," I mumbled into the com as my ship began to get tugged towards the Chimaera; anxiety beginning to leak from me, "You can't ever admit you're wrong or you've been beaten. Pathetic."