Witty (Leia Organa)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is the child of Obi-Wan Kenobi. After Princess Leia requests the assistance of their father, (Y/N) begs to come along.

Not a Request ♥︎

They/She

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

Your father was evidently this stranger and her family's only hope. You never really questioned in on old Ben Kenobi's past. You knew he was a Jedi, but unfortunately he didn't pass that trait onto you, so naturally, you didn't want to know a damn thing. It always hurt far too much— how you could never be half the person your father was to everyone in the galaxy. You couldn't even pick up a pencil and drop it four feet away like he could. Absolutely nothing.

Your father always tells you that either you're not showing signs yet, or he just didn't pass it on. Obi-Wan Kenobi was one of the most influential and powerful Jedi of his time. You always thought it would be impossible for you to not be force sensitive eventually, but everyday, you trusted the force less and less. Now, however, it was time to prove your worth against the Empire as well as to your father. You had known since you were young that Ben was protecting the Skywalker boy only a few kilometres away from your hut. You knew Luke was a Jedi-to-be, so when Ben had saved the farmer from an attacking group of Tusken Raiders, you knew everything was about to change for young Skywalker. And unfortunately, you too.
The Princess of Alderaan had been taken hostage by the Empire, and Luke's droid, R2-D2 held all the information they needed to locate her.

She was on the Death Star.

And that is just where you, your father, and Luke Skywalker followed. You'd picked up to others on the way: a pilot and smuggler named Han Solo, and a Wookiee named Chewbacca. Despite being very preoccupied, you couldn't stop looking back to the fight your father and yourself had had moments before going into Mos Eisley to find Han Solo and Chewbacca.

~~~~~

'"Father!" you whined, not bothered even a little bit that you were acting like a toddler in front of Luke Skywalker, "You can't just not let me come. I'm not going to let you or Skywalker walk into that death trap alone. Vader won't hesitate to kill you on the spot."

Ben looked like a vein in his forehead was about to burst at your endless complaining, "(Y/N), please just go home. You can barely aim a blaster to save your life. How are you supposed to defend us from a Sith Lord?"

"I am just as capable as you!" you rebutdtaled; your anger beginning to bubble.

Ben looked apologetically at Luke and turned his glance back on you, "Your mother shared similar ambitions and it got her killed. I will not lose you both."

At the mention of your mother. you proceeded to slap Obi-Wan Kenobi across the face; the red beginning to immediately appear across his cheek, "You can't stop pushing me away! The people who love you away, just because you're scared! You're a coward! If I want to help the Rebels and attempt to destroy the Empire in any way I physically can, I will. I am an adult, and the fact that you're willing to leave me on Tatooine while you waltz to your death, you're sorely mistaken."

Ben Kenobi frowned. He looked as if he could cry at any moment, not from the pain of the slap, from your words. Of course, you didn't mean it. Your father was the most important person in your life, but sometimes he needed some coaxing words to remind him. And maybe even a slap or two.