The Dark Side (Anakin Skywalker)

Prompt:
Anakin Skywalker goes to the Dark Side over the fear that his wife, (Y/N) would die during childbirth.

Requested by AuroraRevenclaw1927

She/Her

3rd POV,
Anakin Skywalker
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

No one would ever understand Anakin's motives for aligning himself with the Dark Side. His loving wife, (Y/N) (L/N) was pregnant... and he was having dreams.
The Council had found out about Skywalker and (L/N)s relationship, and they'd separated the pair until they decided what to do about their rebellious Jedi Knight. This was when Anakin began having the dreams...

Terrible, terrible dreams. Nightmares that showed off endless scenarios; each ending with his bride dying. It was unlike any forewarning dream he'd had before. With his mom, it was consistent— she always died in his arms regardless of the scenario. Anakin's wife however... it was blotchy and inconsistent.
He had no one to trust, not even his old Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi. If he lost (Y/N), he'd lose everything he'd ever loved.

Clenching his fists, he span around to focus on his lifelong mentor, Chancellor Palpatine, "The Council is unloving and cruel. I am expecting a child, and they're separating me from my wife! They can't do this! The stress from being separated may be the thing I'm dreaming of— the reason she dies!"

Palpatine licked his lips and nodded, "Anakin, I agree. The Council is way out of line here. Even though you're breaking the Jedi Code, you still have a right to make sure (Y/N) is safe, and the baby is okay. What the Jedi are doing is criminal."

Anakin nodded his head up and down; anger radiating from his body like a beacon. He'd never been good at controlling his anger, which was another very strict rule of the Jedi, alongside no relationships. He was quite the failed Jedi,
"What should I do?" he questioned, glancing back towards the older gentleman, "I don't trust the Jedi, but I don't want to leave the order. I don't want to leave my wife either. What would you do?"

"There is a way you can continue using your lightsaber and force abilities without the Council's judgement," the Chancellor commented while walking towards Anakin, "The Dark Side of the force has its benefits to the Jedi. Relationships are encouraged; anger is required. You'd make such a strong Sith Lord, Anakin."

Anakin's eyes snapped open in surprise, and whipped out his blue lightsaber, "You're the Sith Lord we've been looking for!"

Palpatine just continued his speech; not surprised by Skywalker's reaction. The words kept swirling around in Anakin's ears; inward conflict occurring. His moral compass was unsure of where to point: stay with his family in the Jedi Order, or be with his wife and unborn baby. He shouldn't have to choose! He won't choose! And... and anyone who opposes him shall die!
Palpatine could sense the sudden shift in Anakin's feelings, and a little grin appeared on his old, wrinkly face,

"Good," he mumbled, patting the young Jedi's shoulder, "Now go and see your wife. Once you have discussed the plan, meet back here, and I will help you with those pesky Jedi. Nothing will stop you, Anakin."

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

I can't stop pacing. The baby is very active today, but not even that could shift my mood. Anakin and I had been discovered by the Jedi Council, and were forbidden to see each other until Yoda and the others decided on a plan. I was due anytime now, and my mental and physical health was beginning to drain thanks to Anakin's absence. I know it's foolish to worry about something like that when you're pregnant, but I can't help it. I'm nothing without Anakin.