Why He Must Lie (Ben Solo)

Prompt:
(Y/N) has suspicions that Ben, once known as Kylo Ren, might've gone back to the Dark Side. Ben senses she is onto him, and tries to show her the true reason he has been suspicious lately.

Requested by AllisonTart

Part 2! That Side of You

She/Her❥

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

It had been exactly 6 rotations since Ben Solo had disbanded the First Order in order to pursue a relationship with me that could only exist if he promised to never fall to the Dark Side again. It had been pretty successful... but here I was, doubting him.
Ben has been very different lately. He has been distracted with things he doesn't dare to tell me. I'm a woman that respects privacy for sure, but when it comes to Ben and his past habits, I can't help but worry.

His mother was depending on me to keep Ben safe and healthy. I can't fail Leia, especially after her own son murdered her husband all those rotations ago. If Ben went back to the Dark Side, I fully believe that would emotionally destroy the Princess... not to mention how deeply that would wound me as well.
I will not let that happen.

Ben had gone through numerous trials with the Rebels, and he was charged with multiple crimes. However, Leia and I bailed him out of prison, as we truly believed we could make a noble and humble man out of him.
Now, he and I work at a rehabilitation centre, specifically with members of the Resistance that had been injured during any battles involving the First Order. Ben had gotten really good at emotional support, as a lot of the patients in the centre had PTSD or other trauma-based mental issues. He himself has gone through stuff too, which makes him the perfect guy to help and support the veterans.

Under normal circumstances, that would be amazing. But lately, he has been skipping out on work, and his patients are beginning to miss him. To make matters worst, Ben hasn't told me a damn thing about what he's doing, or where he's going during the day.
I can't help but wonder what he's doing... or if he is going down his old path with the Dark Side.

Today, he wasn't present in his shift either... that's 3 days in a row! I couldn't help but feel annoyed that this was going on— Ben promised me that he would help the veterans recover and grow trust in the galaxy again. Yet here he was: shirking work!
I promised myself I wouldn't follow him, as that was a clear invasion of privacy, but Ben has gone too far! One thing I want in my relationship with anyone is trust and truth. Ben is exhibiting neither of those,

"I'll be back as soon as possible," I said to Rey while I grabbed my lightsaber off my nightstand. I haven't needed to carry my weapon with me in ages thanks to the First Order being disbanded by my boyfriend... but I figured this was an unusual case, and I would be smart to bring it with me.

"Are you going after Ben?" she asked while closing the book she was reading.

I nodded in confirmation, "I won't be gone long. I'm just worried he's gotten tied up in something he shouldn't have."

Rey shook her head, "It really bothers me that he isn't honest to you. Do you want me to come with you?"

"Thanks, Rey, but I think I'll be okay," I said while slinging my backpack onto my back, "It's just Ben. He won't do anything to hurt me."

Rey nodded in confirmation and cracked back open her book, "Just call me if you need anything. I'm just a few miles away."

Hopefully.
I could sense Ben was still on the planet for sure, but it was hard to pinpoint where he was exactly. I would have to start actively searching the planet to be able to better track his location. I just hope he isn't in any danger that he can't get himself out of.