Skako Minor (Crosshair)

Prompt:
The Bad Batch is on Skako Minor looking for Echo with (Y/N) when a group of Poletec attack.

Requested by Shester2021

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

I nibbled my lip anxiously as Tech and Anakin Skywalker piloted the ship taking us to Skako Minor. This whole thing felt like a Separatist trap, and I'm surprised Anakin is willing to try and find Echo. I didn't go on the mission to the Citadel, but Anakin did. He knew Echo was as good as dead— he watched it himself.
Yet here we are, on a meaningless mission that will likely end up with us dead. However, I didn't mind the company.

The Bad Batch and I had worked together many times before now, and I had grown very close with their sniper; Crosshair. He and I had an unofficial relationship that would remain unofficial if either of us wanted to continue working for the Republic. He and I were sitting in the back of the cockpit as the other members of the Clone force talked. His hand rested stilly on my thigh. It felt right, you know? Just being here with him; his touch.
"We have reached the surface of Skako Minor," the voice of Captain Rex said as Tech and Anakin dropped the ship to the sandy surface below.

I could immediately sense Anakin's stress about being on a sandy planet. I didn't know every detail of his past, but I did know the Chosen One was born on Tatooine, and he didn't have a good childhood. It's as if the idea of being back on a sandy planet generated PTSD tendencies in the young Jedi.
I reached forward and massaged Anakin's shoulder lovingly, "We won't be here long."

The Chosen One shot me a reassuring smile, but I could tell he was grateful for my words, "I know we won't."
Although he agreed to come to this planet with Rex, it didn't take a mind reader to know that Anakin had his doubts. Hell, I did too. After all these years, there is no way Echo couldn't survived his time in the Citadel.

We wandered around once we left the ship; following Tech's comlink, which had the coordinates to Echo's location. Something in the force was probing me that this was a Separatist trap. It wouldn't make sense otherwise:
Echo was lost in a Separatist prison, specifically a prison used to capture and hold Jedi. It was said to be impossible to escape, and the only reason Anakin's group did escape is thanks to the sacrifice of Echo.

"How close are we to Echo's beacon?" I questioned as we passed under an overpass. Tech shrugged and adjusted his goggles over his face; looking towards some structured places in the distance,

"Looks to be at least a few more kilometres, but the terrain is pretty ugly. We will need to move slow if we don't want any broken ankles," he answered, "I vote we take a rest for the day. If Echo is alive, I'm sure he won't be dead tomorrow considering how much time has passed for him."

Sighing, I looked to Master Skywalker, and he nodded in agreement, "Rex and I will keep the first watch. I want Crosshair watching the flat land around us to make sure we aren't being followed."

Crosshair nodded in agreement while rising to his feet. Hunter and Wrecker started putting up some tents and laying down some sleeping bags for the other members of the Bad Batch, and I followed Crosshair towards the rocks where Anakin instructed him towards,
"How are you feeling about everything?" I questioned while plopping down on a smooth rock, and turned to face my boyfriend.

Crosshair pulled the toothpick out of his mouth and began setting up his stationary sniper rifle, "I think this is a huge waste of time. There's no way the ARC Trooper is still alive, and even if he is, I don't think he's worth the risk you're being put in."