| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 ➪ 𝐊𝐢𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨 |

Prompt:
After the death of (Y/N)'s lover, Kit Fisto, she and her son must survive in a world that hates the Jedi.

Requested by jazzzylovetoread

Part 2! The Widow

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

The nightmares never ceased after Order 66 and the leadership declaration of Emperor Palpatine. Around 6 years have passed since the destruction of the Jedi Order. Millie has grown into a powerful Jedi Knight, and my son, a peach-colored Nautolan named Serio, has a knack for force-wielding as well. He has his father's strength, and my determination. It's almost as if Kit lives on through him,

                "When do I get my own lightsaber?" the Nautolan asked while fingering at the hilt of my blade curiously. Millie has taken a liking to him, so I've collectively decided on letting her train him once he comes of age.

                 Picking up the Youngling, I push a kiss to his forehead and smile, "Once you can actually hold one up above your head, we will talk."

Serio sighed in defeat, knowing he wouldn't get what he wanted. We've had this talk hundreds of times— a Youngling doesn't receive a lightsaber until they understand the very bindings of the force alone, not to mention they understand a lightsaber is their life and not a toy. The Nautolan didn't comprehend that last part quite yet,

"How can I learn to use it if Miy isn't ever around to teach me?" my son asked. He couldn't quite pronounce 'Millie' yet, so Miy was as close as we got.

Patting his head, I placed him down and sighed, "Yeah I know. I wish she was around more too, but it's just how it is, young one."

Millie often travelled to other planets, trying to locate other force-sensitive children before the Empire did. We once located a Twi'lek, but unfortunately, the Empire found him before we even arrived on the planet. It's hard to tell what state the poor boy is in, if he's even still alive. Serio and Millie are the only hope I have— the only way I can still feel Kit flowing through me.

                   I had a bad feeling about this trip Millie was going on, however. Something in the force was just eating at me... telling me not to let her go alone. I couldn't just leave Serio, though. Against my better judgement, I let her go. The good outweighed the bad during these missions. If we found a new Jedi, or even a member of our old Order that had fled into hiding, there would be a hope for us, and Millie sacrificing herself for the better good of the Jedi was honorable,

"I can sense her arrival," my son commented, pointing at the sky, "Is that her, momma?"

I nodded, pulling my son close to my side, watching the clouds part slowly as a ship sunk melancholily towards the ground, "You're getting stronger with the force. Do you sense anyone else on board with her?"

The little Nautolan scrunched up his peach-colored nose in thought. Finally, as the ship landed, he nodded his head, "A human. male I believe."

I recognized the force-signature. I can't pinpoint the name, but the individual Millie has located is an experienced Jedi, perhaps a General of the Clone Wars. She's to be congratulated for even finding him, yet alone convincing the Jedi to come along with her. We Jedi have trust issues these days.

                  Pulling Serio onto my back, I rushed to the landing sight; my hand on my (F/C) lightsaber, just in case it was a trap. Even though I could sense everything going on in the ship, it never hurts to be too careful, especially with the Empire hiding around every corner.