Falling (Tech)

Prompt:
Tech and the rest of the Bad Batch, accompanied by his girlfriend, (Y/N) are attempting to escape an Imperial stronghold after trying to locate Crosshair.

Requested by Shester2021

She/Her❥

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

"I really don't feel good about this," Echo whispered while nudging my shoulder to grab my attention. Although he ultimately respected whatever decisions that Hunter made, he still questioned them. Often, I was the one he would go to when venting over the sergeant's decisions.

I shrugged while nudging the Clone's shoulder right back, "Try and trust Hunter. He and Omega are right— despite Crosshair's betrayal, he's still your brother. I will do anything in my power to rescue him."

We were already inside of the Imperial stronghold, so it was too late to turn back now. This was probably the most dangerous mission any of the members of the Bad Batch had ever been on. The only thing keeping me from having a nervous breakdown was the fact that my boyfriend, Tech, was nearby.

"We have no way to track Crosshair, but I would have to assume he's in the prison level after his latest stunt he pulled," Tech commented quietly while tapping unknown coding into his data pad, "Which, according to my data pad, it's right above us."

"Let's get a move on, then," I said while clasping my hand to Tech's shoulder, "Lead the way, pretty boy."

I couldn't see Tech's cheeks thanks to his helmet, but I know my boyfriend well enough to know that his cheeks are a shade of crimson. He doesn't take compliments very well, and I truly think it's the cutest thing ever.
Tech stepped ahead; Wrecker stepping up to be by his side in case anyone decided to pounce on Tech.

I stood back with Echo. Despite Tech being my best friend for obvious reasons, Echo was a close second. Sometimes I liked talking to Echo more than Tech during scenarios like this. It helped my mind settle down regarding Tech. I was worried something was going to happen to him on this mission... Echo knew what I was thinking.

Our group headed into an abandoned work room in this particular Imperial stronghold. It was at least 30° warmer than the rest of the stronghold in here, and I couldn't stop my back from getting drenched,
"This must be the engine room," Hunter observed as he watched various puffs of steam rise from the overworked machinery and out of the vents that were stationed on the ceiling.

"Okay, Tech," I whispered while slowly and quietly shutting the door behind our group, "See if you can break into the transmissions and figure out where Crosshair is since we can't directly track him."

My boyfriend nodded eagerly and immediately got to work. Hunter and I are the only people in the galaxy that Tech would willingly listen to without some form of complaint.
He quickly logged into his data pad and began tapping away. Something cute about Tech that I knew that his brothers didn't, is when he was concentrating on something as important as this, underneath his helmet, his little tongue would stick out. I just think that's absolutely adorable.

As Tech tapped away, Wrecker growled angrily. He must've heard something everyone else had missed, "We aren't alone," he whispered while pulling his blaster off his back.

"Don't freak out, big guy," a male voice said.

We watched in anticipation as two Stormtroopers appeared from the shadows. Their hands were up and their blasters were holstered,  "Put your blasters to the ground," I commanded while pointing my blaster at their heads.