| 𝐔𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 ➪ 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫 |

Prompt:
(Y/N) is given a chance to save the lives of the Scarif squad, and she takes it.

Requested by fulcrum16

She/They

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

                 The idea of Cassian leaving and being the hero disgusted you. Cassian always played hero and never took time for himself. You constantly played a solo game of tug-of-war with yourself. However, you always understood why the love of your life wished to fight for the Rebellion, and hell, you were apart of this suicide pact as well. But, this Death Star mission was plain idiotic,

"Cass, please," you pleaded, grasping his arm in your own, "Don't do this." Nibbling your lip nervously, you pondered how you could keep him from going. The two of you had brought up the idea of running away. Naboo, or Tatooine— somewhere the Rebellion or the Empire would be out of mind, and you could just live amongst each other.

Looking up at his gorgeously-defined face, you gulped, but continued, "It's not too late to create our future."

"We won't have a future if we can't steal these plans, (Y/N)," he whispered, obviously wanting more than anything to just run off and be with you, but that's not how Cassian worked. He always cared about others over his own interests, and it annoyed the living hell out of you.

You both knew he wouldn't realistically make it off of Scarif. A planet inhabited by the Empire's best, guarding the most useful information known to the Emperor. You couldn't pinpoint what made this new girl— Jyn Erso, so different from the rest. She was impressive enough to lead your boyfriend into a fiery doom. She must be something then,

                "We don't need Jyn," you choked out, making it evident to the older male that you were struggling to hold back tears, "She's leading the Rebellion into a death trap. We did fine before without her."

                The male cupped your cheek in his hand, causing tears to spill, "You and I both know the risks and sacrifices that tie into being in the Rebellion. No matter what happens, I love you unconditionally, and that'll never cease."

                "You're so stupid, you know," you stifled back your hot steaming tears, a smile forming at your lips, "Come back to me, okay?"

                   Pressing his chapped lips against yours, Cassian and you broke away from each other. The older man headed towards a ship lined with volunteers, eager to give the Empire a thrashing. You could see Jyn, and unexplainable anger rose from within you. You knew how this stranger felt about Cassian. Hell, sometimes you felt as if he complimented those feelings right back.

                   As Cassian boarded the ship, followed by Jyn and the others, you felt as if a piece of your heart left with them. Regardless of your feelings towards the stranger, everyone in this Rebellion is a part of something bigger than themselves. As much as it tore you up inside to admit this. If you were in Cass' shoes, you would've left too,

"Are you alright, Ms (L/N)?" a voice asked, ripping you from your melancholy thoughts.

Spinning around, you locked eyes with Mon Mothma. The engines of the ship firing up from behind you caused you to flinch. Senator Mothma's arm flew up and landed on your shoulder, immediately calming you down, "It's Andor isn't it?" she asked, pulling you into her side while walking away from the platform.

                  "Yes, ma'am," you whispered, still picturing the brunette in your mind as if he was still in front of you, "I just have this terrible feeling. I don't think any of them will make it off of Scarif."