Goodbye, Jedi (Admiral Thrawn)

Prompt:
Admiral Thrawn, after meeting (Y/N) (L/N), invites her to join his ranks in the Empire after learning about her history and experience in the Clone Wars.

Requested by WinterHoneyCake

She/Her

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"I don't know what you mean, Admiral?" you questioned while taking a shot of a brownish-red liquid. It stung on the way down, and you had to blink away tears. Chiss alcohol was something different than the type of cheap alcohol you were used to, "You want me to join the Empire? Do you have any idea who I am?"

You had met up with Thrawn a few times over the last few months, and the two of you had grown pretty close. You two met in this very bar, but today, Thrawn brought his own alcohol for the two of you to sip on for the next few hours. You wouldn't claim you're best friends with the Admiral, but you weren't only acquaintances either.

"I do in fact know who, and what you are, (Y/N)," Thrawn replied while easily downing his drink, "You were General (L/N) of the Jedi Order and Grand Republic."

Lights were going off in your brain. Every sense in your mind was telling you to either run and never return, or cut down and kill the Admiral to end this all. Yet, you stayed your blade, "What do you want?" you snarled. There was no reason to try and deny Thrawn; he knew what he was talking about.

"Calm down, please," Thrawn said, as if you shouldn't be reacting this way, "Do you see Stormtroopers? I'm not here to cause a fight or capture you. I just want to talk."

"Talk then," you snapped, eyeing everyone in the bar. Of course, there were no Stormtroopers, but if Thrawn was lying, the Stormtroopers could be undercover and without their pearly-white armour and blasters.

The Chiss nodded and clicked up a holocom. It was some sort of space ship, nothing you had ever seen before, "This, my friend, is the Death Star. Strongest and most durable ship the galaxy has ever seen. It can destroy planets as easy as you or I would swat a fly."
You gulped, and Thrawn continued, "Our Officers who are on the job to fully construct this ship have located some flaws. Lord Vader is far too busy to worry about something like that, not to mention the Emperor, so I have decided the next best thing to narrowing the vulnerability of the Death Star is to find a force sensitive to do it for us."

You cocked your head in confusion, "And what if I say no? The Empire has done nothing to benefit me, and your Lord Vader killed my friends and family. You and your kind are not welcome here!"

"You knew who I was this entire time," Thrawn pressed, "You never seemed stigmatizing before. Even if you say no and never want to see me again, I will understand and respect your wishes. I will never send Stormtroopers after you although that's against protocol. What Vader doesn't know won't hurt him."

What?
The Grand Admiral Thrawn was vocalizing against Vader? That was something you never thought you would ever witness. Thrawn was right though: although you knew who he was this whole time, you never stopped your meetings. Now that you thought about it, you couldn't understand why. He and his Empire were personally responsible for the deaths of so many Jedi, including your young Padawan, Siri-o.
There was not a finer, more talented Padawan in the Order, yet somehow she got overrun by the Clone Troopers she so desperately trusted.

"If Vader learns of my true nature, we would both be killed," you rebutted irritably, "I refuse to walk into a death trap. You have only heard stories of Order 66, but I refuse to live through the nightmares even once more. Vader desecrated and destroyed everything I have ever loved and cherished. I will not risk everything just to help your Death Star."