Losing Her (Captain Rex)

Prompt:
The battle for Geonosis is intense... too intense. When (Y/N) sustains irreversible damages, Captain Rex must come to terms with the fact that she might not recover.

Requested by inparanormal

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Captain! Lead half of your Troops to the back of the base! General Skywalker and I will distract them from the front so you and the boys can have an advantage and catch the Droids off guard!" I commanded while swivelling my (F/C) lightsaber in my hand, "We don't have much time, so go ahead and get into position!"

"Yes, General!" Rex yelled back enthusiastically. Although Rex wasn't my Captain to command, Anakin gave me authorization to do so, especially in war zones like this. I hung out around the 501st enough to have gained their trust and obedience even if Anakin hadn't given me permission.

Rex and the rest of the 501st rushed to the back of the looming Droid Factory. The boys, Anakin, and I had just gotten rid of the first wave of Droids straight from the factory door, and more would be on the way. That is why I sent Rex and his boys to the back. This would make sure we had eyes on every part of the building.
Anakin glanced to the opening of the factory; Droids of all types rushing out to meet us,
"Here comes the next wave!"

Anakin and I worked in unison to overcome the Droids. Red blaster bolts were knocked back in the direction they came from by Anakin and my lightsabers. The easiest to demolish were the regular old fighter Droid, but Dooku was commanding an army of Commado Droids as well. They posed a real challenge, even to Jedi.

Commando Droids with their one handed blaster and the large and sharp knife attached to their back for extra fighting strength approached rapidly. Anakin and I cut them down as they came; sizzling hisses appearing as the lightsabers breached their armoured bodies.
Droid after Droid began to fall, and I was beginning to wonder if sending the majority of the 501st to the back of the factory was a good idea. Nonetheless, I could hear fighting happening from where they went, so it couldn't be too bad of an idea.

"We need to fall back!" Anakin shouted to Jesse, one of the ARC Troopers that stayed behind, and myself, "I can sense tanks coming!"

"I'll contact Hawk and tell him to get the air squad over here to blow up those tanks!" I yelled back while fumbling with my com link while still deflecting blaster fire from the Droids.
I quickly got Hawk up on my com and I could see he wasn't doing too well,

"General, what do you need?" he asked while zooming through the sky, fighting his own battles.

"What's the situation in the sky?" I asked while slicing a Commando Droid in half, "Do you think your boys could come down here and destroy some tanks for us?"

Hawk was silent for a moment. He was intently focusing on the battle at hand, "Sorry, General. I can't spare even a single man. If you wish for us to abandon the sky fight, we can come and help, but I would highly suggest against that."

"No, I won't ask of that," I responded while looking to Anakin, "Get back to what you were doing. General (L/N) signing off."

Hawk's face disappeared from my com link as I slid it in my pocket, "What's the plan, Master?"

Anakin leapt over a Droideka and sliced a second one in half, "We should retreat to the back of the factory and meet back up with Rex. With combined forces, we should be able to get past this wave."