Hired Protection (Anakin Skywalker)

Prompt:
(Y/N) (L/N) is the princess of an Outer Rim planet called D'Qar. When assassins are sent to shorten her reign, the king calls the Jedi Order to send warriors to protect his daughter. Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi are sent as protection.

Requested by AllisonTart

She/Her❥

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

Your heart hammered in your chest as you watched your loyal soldiers put down, yet again, another assassin that was sent to end your life. This was becoming a regular occurrence on your planet of D'Qar, and you wished to do something about this. Hiring more guards simply wouldn't do, as these assassins tended to be more talented and crafty than the normal hired help. You needed the Jedi, and you needed them now!
Your father, the king, seemed to agree which caused relief to flow through your veins. The Jedi would be able to help.

Your father sent message after message to the busy Jedi, and luckily, after a few, the Council decided to send two Jedi to protect you.
Now, they were arriving, and it was time for you to go and meet your new bodyguards,

"How are you doing, my princess?" your maid, Thalia, asked while fluffing out the dress you were wearing, "You're quieter than normal."

You shrugged and stood up; checking yourself out in the mirror before sliding your shoes on, "I'm just tired of all of this. Hopefully the Jedi can stop these assassins once and for all, and I can just focus on ruling this planet."

Without another word, you left your room to head to the ship docking port where your father would be waiting. It didn't take you long to get there. Right as you planted yourself beside the king, a ship approached and began the process of docking in the port. It was a Jedi vessel for sure; the Jedi Order insignia plastered on the side of the ship.
You felt nervous yet didn't know why. There was something tugging at you that made you think that this time, they would be able to stop the assassins.

Once the ship was docked, the door opened and two men walked down from the platform. The first one, and the older one at that, immediately shook hands with your father and nodded at you. The younger one just stared at you curiously, as if he was already trying to analyze you and figure you out. This intrigued you.

"I will leave my daughter in your care then, Master Kenobi and Padawan Skywalker," you father stated while nodding at them. He had a lot to do, so you weren't surprised that he was going to just leave you with the Jedi. You didn't mind though.

It was quiet for a while after your father left. Neither you or Skywalker knew what to say, so Kenobi began talking,
"It's an honour to meet you, Princess (L/N). I am Obi-Wan Kenobi, and this is my padawan, Anakin Skywalker. I know we will be able to help you and your family."

"Thank you, Master Kenobi," you replied nonchalantly. There was something inside you that knew he was telling the truth, but there was doubt evident too. No one had been able to stop the assassins before, so what made these Jedi different?

Anakin could sense your fear. He stepped closer and looked down at your face, "I can sense your fear. Try not to worry, ma'am. My master is correct— no one will be able to get close to you again."

Kenobi, seeing his apprentice and the princess were getting along well, decided to leave and catch up with your father to discuss things further. That just left you alone with Anakin. Usually, you wouldn't strike up conversation unless you had to, or you were spoken to first, but you felt confident with Skywalker,