| 𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫 ➪ 𝐃𝐢𝐧 𝐃𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧 |

Prompt:
Din and (Y/N) hear rumours of a Jedi hiding on Tatooine.

Not a Request ♥︎

Part 2! Time is Running Out

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Are you sure we can trust that Womp Rat?" the voice of Din filled my senses, causing me to sigh internally, "The kid's life is on the line here."

                     We had successfully moved Verin back to our ship with little-to-no problems. I didn't like trusting the Quarren either, but we had no choice. Grogu needed to be properly trained, and he isn't safe with us, "We don't have a choice, darling," I whispered even though Verin couldn't hear our conversation. He was on the lower deck, alone with his thoughts, "Grogu needs a teacher, and we can't be that for him."

                      "He suggested we look on Tatooine," the Mandalorian sighed, looking out at the dark space in front of him, "There's nothing there but sand and gangsters. Seems like a trap to me."

I shook my head once more. Grogu was in my lap, and probably questioning why the two of us are arguing, specifically about him, "We are capable," I began, reaching out and rubbing my boyfriend's arm lovingly, "If it is a trap, we feed Verin to the first Sarlacc we can find. If it's not, we find Grogu a real Jedi teacher. It's not bad odds. We have to take the risk."

My Mandalorian accompaniment sighed inwardly again, but finally nodded, "Alright, setting course for Tatooine..."

                        I smiled softly. It never took much for either of us to convince each other of something. Din knows I'm right. If we can do anything within our power to make sure Grogu is safe and taken care of, we will make sure it's done. The reason he didn't jump on this idea immediately is because he's scared. We both are. If this Quarren is lying, we may lose Grogu... that would break us both. Din can't handle something like that happening, and I won't allow it.

"Hold the kid for a moment," I whispered, handing the small child to my lover, then tapping my helmet gently against his. This jester was similar to kissing your significant other, but it was more sacred than that. That's the Mandalorians' way of showing compassion, love, and trust.

                       Din didn't question where I was off to without him by my side. It was obvious to him. I was going to have a quick chat with Verin, and see if where he was leading us is into a trap.

                        I slowly descended into the lower levels of the ship. It was more humid down here, so of course, the humidity mixed with a Quarren like Verin, the lower deck is gonna smell super bad. And it did,

"Ah, welcome, (Y/N)," Verin greeted at the sight of me coming down to pay him a visit, "What can I help you with, my dear?"

"Don't act like that," I growled, whipping out my vibroblade and pressing it against his slimy neck, "I don't want to have to kill you, okay? I just have some... questions to ask you."

The Quarren made a surprised noise. It sounded like bubbles, and maybe the sound of trying to speak while underwater. Very unnatural, "Put the blade away, Mando," he growled, the bubbly sound still present however, "I'm at your mercy. Ask away."

                          Your blade never faltered from his neck. Your grip increased at his stupid comment, "Why Tatooine? Who's there?"

                        "I've heard rumors of a very powerful Jedi residing there," Verin commented, beginning to get unbothered by my weapon, "Goes by the name Skywalker. Heard of him?"