Pryce's Anger (Admiral Thrawn)

Prompt:
(Y/N) (L/N) has worked for the Empire since it's very birth. She is very dedicated to the cause, which caught Grand Admiral Thrawn's attention. Governor Pryce, not liking the attention that (Y/N) was getting, decides to frame her for something she didn't do.

Requested by dragonsfangs

She/Her❥

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

You sat patiently in Thrawn's office while he shuffled through mountains and mountains of paperwork. The Chimaera was currently hovering above Lothal; one of the Rebel hotbeds of the galaxy. There was an important oil rig on the surface of the planet, and Thrawn and you were conjuring up plans on how to reinforce it and make it more difficult for the Rebels to sabotage.

This had become very routine for the two of you. Although you had the most basic position in the Empire, the Chiss respected you and trusted you more than some of his most cherished allies. It was a very good feeling to know that the Grand Admiral of the Empire had a special spot for you.
"Any ideas on how to reinforce the oil?" the Chiss asked as he passed you over a holographic map of the Lothal oil rig.

This had to be a test of some kind. You knew Thrawn already planned out what the Empire would do to further-protect their precious oil. He would do this occasionally, and it used to bother you. Now, you just took it as it was— a way to prove yourself to the Chiss,
"I was thinking we could increase the ground troops on Lothal and even add some hourly air patrol. We would need to build some more-advanced equipment so the officers down by the oil rig can detect if there's any oncoming Rebels above the planet's atmosphere."

Thrawn nodded in agreement while taking down some notes. Of course, what you said was just basic knowledge— even the newest Stormtrooper in the Empire could've suggested something like that.
However, even a simple answer as that was enough to impress the Grand Admiral. Either Thrawn was easy to impress, or he simply liked you enough to hold you to a higher standard than anyone else,

"Those protocols will be implemented immediately. Thank you, (Y/N)." His voice was like liquid; running down every inch of your body. You hated to admit it, but you had fallen in love with Thrawn.
Everything about him was intoxicating.

Unknown to you and Thrawn both, there was an individual eavesdropping on your conversation. It was an individual that was easily angered— Governor Pryce.

As well as being easily angered, Pryce was also easily jealous. She had been a superior member of the Empire for a long time ago, and although you shared her longevity to the cause, she had climbed the ranks and you had not.
She internally believed she deserved Thrawn's favour— not some low-level grunt that could barely even be compared to the mere Stormtrooper. Your success angered her, and she made sure to make you regret it...

☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾

A month had gone by since yours and Thrawn's decision on how to reinforce the highly-important oil rig on Lothal. This gave the governor plenty of time to plan and plot to sabotage Thrawn's scheduled troops thanks to the fact that the schedule had been designed by you. Pryce had considered if that made her a traitor to the Empire, but she didn't care. You would pay, and Thrawn would have no one else to turn to besides her.
You'd be gone from the picture forever.

Governor Pryce had learned that you and Thrawn had planned a trip down to the surface of Lothal for today. The Grand Admiral wanted you to see the results of your plans.
The governor had slipped word to the Rebels that one of the most important people in the Empire would be on Lothal... Pryce was counting on the Rebels showing up to ruin the show...