| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐮𝐤𝐞 ➪ 𝐃𝐢𝐧 𝐃𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧 |

Prompt:
You're the duchess of Mandalore, and you decide you must marry Din Djarin.

Requested by laura_-_

She/Her

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Din," you began, cradling the love of your life in your arms, "We will be together forever, right?"

The Mandalorian shifted under your weight and pushed a small kiss to your forehead. You were the only living individual to see his face, unlike him to you. You were the Dutchess of Mandalore, so many people had the pleasure of seeing your face, but Din didn't hold it against you. He understood your position and didn't accuse you of abandoning your creed. You are his leader, and the leader of every Mandalorian after all,

"My love, I've told you millions of times," he mused, intertwining his fingers with yours, "Not even the Separatists can pull us apart. I will die for you, fight for you, and love you forever."

                    You stroked his beautifully defined face and smiled, "Although I am only a diplomat, I would do the same for you. I would sacrifice my position as Duchess of Mandalore for you if need be. You are my Mandalore."

"What you're saying is foolish," he smirked, laying a soft kiss on your perfect lips, "Nothing will ever happen to you. You and I shall live forever in peace on Mandalore. Your ideals and laws may be unorthodox, but you're putting our planet on the right path that'll keep everyone safe."

You grinned and laid your head on your boyfriend's chest; feeling the soft rise and fall, "It's good to hear that from you, Din. I know how you are with your weaponry and fighting. The fact that you accept my laws is very encouraging."

                    "The fact you're the one establishing the rules helps a tad," he teased, kissing your cheek lovingly, "If it was anyone else, I'm not sure... but I truly love you enough to risk my own religion for you. You're one of a kind, (Y/N)."

"I've been thinking," you whispered, anxiety coiling up in your stomach like a curled up snake, "All this work is hard to do alone. All my advisers aren't worth a damn, but democracy spoke. I was thinking... maybe you'd like to join my team as secretary of defense?"

Din chuckled in amusement, "Secretary of defense? What brought this up?"

"Well, I know you have the best interests in mind for our home, and you're the best fighter I've laid eyes on," you commented, not shocked over his reaction to your proposal, "I need someone strong to protect me. Sure, you are always here when I'm not on the clock, but what about when we're away from each other?"

                     "I'm not good at politics, my dear," the Mandalorian smirked, kissing your cheek again, "And besides, I'll happily follow you to work and be your unofficial body guard. I don't mind at all. Bounty hunting has been dry lately, so I'm doing nothing at the moment."

                        You giggled and nuzzled into his neck, peppering small kisses across his exposed skin, "Well how about Mandalore receives a Duke?"

                       "What are you saying?" he asked, getting a little serious, "You want to marry me?"

"I mean, why not?" you asked excitedly, "I love you more than anything, and I know our people love you just as much as they love me, or they act it anyways. You've brought in many resources for Mandalore. Our people don't forget easy."