For the Empire (Crosshair)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is a Jedi that has been Crosshair's boyfriend the entirety of the Clone Wars. When Order 66 is initiated, Crosshair must choose between following orders and his boyfriend.

Requested by inparanormal

He/Him

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

You sat silently. Meditation was an art that was not rushed, even for a transmission from the Chancellor. You were on the planet of Kaller, alongside fellow Jedi Master, Depa Billaba and her Padawan, Caleb Dume. There was a small Separatist movement on Kaller, which is why Mace Windu appointed the three of you to take it on. Of course, the three of you had been routed out. This was far more than just a 'Separatist movement.' So, you had the brilliant idea to call in the Bad Batch to help out.

The group of five men had made their homes here on Kaller, and although you were super excited to speak with your boyfriend, something in the force was just tugging you. There was something wrong, and you were gonna get to the bottom of it.
Although you had told Master Billaba not to answer any transmissions from the Chancellor until you had pinpointed what was wrong, she didn't listen.

Of course, Master Billaba was your superior, so she didn't have to listen to a word you said, but you so deeply wished she had. The elder Jedi, unknowingly, had unleashed the demise of the Jedi on Kaller.
Blaster bolts echoed through the wilderness on the desolate snow planet, which aggressively pulled you out of the meditation. It suddenly felt that something irreversible had happened... and you weren't safe here anymore!

Pulling the hood of your robe over your head, you quickly raced outside of your makeshift tent. The sight was nauseating to say the least. The entirety of Master Billaba's battalion was in the process of attacking her and the young Padawan, Caleb Dume. Without thinking, you unsheathed your (F/C) lightsaber, and jumped head first into the fight.
Commander Grey, Master Billaba's commanding Clone, noticed you immediately, and quickly ordered his Clones to prioritize you over the Padawan.

Clones that you recognized as Styles and Remo approached. Although you couldn't see their faces through their helmets, you knew they bore frowns on their brows,
"Stand down!" you shouted, pulling your lightsaber in front of your face, "Trust me, men, I don't want to kill you. I will if I have to!"

Just then, Grey personally gunned down Jedi Master Depa Billaba; a shriek leaving Caleb's mouth. Nothing else mattered at this moment besides the safety of Caleb, and finding your boyfriend!
As Styles and Remo approached, you sliced your lightsaber across their blasters; cutting them in two. Resorting to their fists, the talented Clone troopers ran up and began hitting on your gut and arms. Thankfully, Caleb hadn't run off yet, and he swiftly ended their lives before any major damage could occur.

"Are you okay?" you asked nervously while deflecting a blaster bolt headed right towards the apprentice, "Grey didn't hurt you, right?"

"I would rather he had than... than kill my Master," Caleb whispered

You placed your hand nervously onto Caleb's shoulder and squeezed, "What happened? I was in my tent meditating whenever I heard Master Billaba scream!"

It was increasingly obvious that the rest of Master Billaba's troops were catching onto where Caleb and yourself were. The rest of her blood thirsty Clones would be here any minute. Although you had no idea what had occurred when Master Billaba answered that call from the Chancellor, but you would've never anticipated your boyfriend, Crosshair, to follow that.
Tugging Caleb, you brought him back into your tent. You needed to find your comlink so you could communicate with Crosshair!