The Daimyo's Daughter (Boba Fett)

Prompt:
Boba and (Y/N) have had their daughter for a little over a year when the Mandalorian brings trouble to their sector of Tatooine

Requested by siriania

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

I looked in amusement at Boba as he bounced our daughter, Xia on his knee as he read through a few documents. He was humming a tune I hadn't heard before, but it was nice. Soothing. Xia seemed to agree as she wasn't fussing or trying to climb on her daddy's shoulders and tug at his ears,
"Where did you hear that song?" I absentmindedly asked while playing Dejarik with Fennec on one of Boba's hologram setups.

"My love, I have no idea," Boba responded in amusement while looking up at the ladies playing the holographic chess game, "Who's winning?"

Shand smirked and clicked a button, which caused one of her monsters to approach and destroy one of mine, "Who else? (Y/N) doesn't have a strategic bone in her body."

I huffed and rolled my eyes at Fennec's teasing, "I literally beat you last round. If I don't know strategy, then you're my equal on that matter."

"Yeah right, keep dreaming," the woman continued. She loved teasing me, but I knew it was just out of love. Ever since Boba and I started dating, and even when we married, Fennec was always around. She was made Xia's godmother, which put Boba and Shand over the moon from happiness.

The conversation continued as normal beyond that point: Boba speaking about some corrupt shopkeepers in his sector, tributes and gifts given to him by other crime lords, and other political stuff I tended to ignore. Fennec and I finished up our game quickly. Of course, she had beaten me, but I didn't mind. She did have a lot more battle and war experienced than I.
When Boba and I met, I was simply a moisture farmer on Tatooine that he saved from a raid of bandits. I don't know how I got so lucky as to catch his eye, but it happened.

As Boba was finishing up his papers, a Gamorrean Guard entered the room. The guard looked worried and eyed Xia and I. Boba wrapped his hands protectively around Xia's waist as he rose from his seat. He handed my daughter to me, and motioned to Fennec, "Keep Xia and (Y/N) safe until I know what's happening."

Fennec nodded while pulling her long nosed gun from her back and setting it on her knee, "If you need backup, just call."

Boba nodded while placing his signature helmet back on his head before following the Gamorrean Guard out of the throne room.
Xia began crying softly. She was too young to really comprehend where her daddy was going, but she did know it wasn't good. The tension in the room had risen; the happy spirits gone.

I bit at my fingernails anxiously as I sat Xia into my lap, "Do you think it will all be okay?"

Shand smiled sympathetically in my direction and nodded, "Boba is the most capable man I have ever met. He was once the top Bounty Hunter in the galaxy— nothing will kill him."

That made me feel a little bit better about the whole situation. Fennec was right— Boba was very capable. He single handedly took out a group of bandits and saved my life, and this time he isn't alone. He has his Gamorrean Guards and Shand, plus a few other sentients that dedicated their lives to him. He will be alright if this is a serious matter.