Avoidance (Boba Fett)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is pregnant, and she wants to surprise her boyfriend, Boba Fett. She doesn't know how to do that surprise yet, but the bounty hunter senses something is wrong and begins asking questions.

Requested by sab3rss_

She/Her❥

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

The medical droid beeped excitedly as it located the little life in your belly. You could see the outline of little fists and feet as it squirmed around in your stomach. This baby belonged to you and Boba Fett; your husband.

You had been pregnant now for around 12 weeks and you were contemplating how to tell Boba. He had never seemed fond of becoming a father, but there was no way he would abandon you when he found out about your pregnancy. It was still nerve-wracking though, as he was an impressive bounty hunter with a large following. His enemies were more bountiful than his friends. A baby was a risk in his business,

"Would you like to know the gender?" the droid asked while rolling over to your side, "I have it right here in my mind after watching the ultrasound."

You really wanted Boba to be around for the reveal part, but the sheer fear of him abandoning you once he realized you were pregnant scared you. The fear almost made you completely lose all control, which the droid noticed,
"Please calm down, ma'am," the droid said, pointing at your heart monitor, "Your heart is racing far faster than a woman in your condition should. What is making you panic?"

"I'm worried my husband won't want this baby," you admitted, very upset that those thoughts were present in the first place, "He's always talked about how he doesn't want kids because of how dangerous his line of work is. I completely understood that, but somehow we still got pregnant. I know deep down Boba would choose his line of work over my baby and I, so I don't want to give him a reason to leave so soon."

"You don't have much trust in your husband, then," the droid answered while wheeling over to its table in the corner of the room, "I know you didn't ask for my advice, but I say you should learn the gender and do a kind of reveal for him. I was programmed in psychology briefly, and I know people are more likely to form connections, even with unborn fetuses, if they have normalities like known-gender or age group it is in regarding development."

You pondered that. It made sense. Maybe if Boba Fett knew he was having a precious baby boy or girl, it might make a difference on whether or not he leaves you,
"Okay, tell me the gender, please," you answered while looking back at the monitor.

The medical droid nodded and buzzed while rolling back over to the monitor. It pointed its finger at the screen; whirring excitedly,
"You and Mr. Boba Fett are expecting a little girl."

Your heart swelled in happiness over that announcement. You would've been happy with whatever the droid said, but you've wanted a little girl since you were young. You let the droid finish up its work, then you got back into your old travel clothes,
"Thank you," you said to the droid while plopping the credits it required onto the table, "I really appreciate the advice you gave me. I would've never expected advice like that from a droid."

The droid bowed and left the room. You also decided to leave after that and head back towards Tatooine where you and your husband lived. You didn't particularly like Tatooine, but Boba worked for Jabba more often than not, so the two of you bought a property out there so Boba could work.
Bossk had travelled to the emergency doctor with you, as Boba was very busy at Jabba's palace today. The Hutt had been hiring him consistently to make sure nothing would get out of hand around the palace. He should get home soon.