The Changeling (Darth Vader)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is a Sith apprentice and works very closely with Vader. A Changeling sneaks on board the Death Star disguised as (Y/N) to try and destroy the Empire from the inside out.

Requested by dragonsfangs

She/Her

3rd POV:
Unknown Individual
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

She dragged her feet to her ship. She was exhausted, but she knew she was too close to give up. The Changeling could smell the blood of the wounded Imperials nearby. Yes, she was so close. She had recently found the Sith apprentice (Y/N) (L/N), and she had the DNA to make the swap. The Empire would know no different. That was the plan, and Lord Vader would fall for it, too. That... that was the master plan!

2nd POV: (Y/N)
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

You clicked your tongue as you skimmed through some paperwork. Although you were Lord Vader's apprentice, he still tasked you with stuff given to measly Officers or Admirals. You were a Sith: you couldn't understand his reasoning, but of course, you obliged without argument. If you argued with Lord Vader, you'd be dead without a second though.
You saw such a thing happen to an Inquisitor a few moons ago, and although you hadn't tried to disobey Darth Vader, you didn't want to try it. However, you had a feeling he wouldn't do such a thing to you... but you couldn't pinpoint why. Maybe since you're his apprentice, you're more important than the Inquisitors. Or maybe it was something else?

Vader was nowhere to be seen however. He was likely discussing information he would disclose to you at a later date with the Emperor. Honestly, if that was the case, you were thankful that Vader hadn't brought you. You'd only spoke to the Emperor a handful of times, but every time you looked into his eyes, absolute fear would overtake your body. You didn't know how Vader could do it so often.

Clicking your tongue once again, you paced around the bridge, just waiting really. You'd already skimmed this paper at least twice now, but you were nervous. This was the first time your master and yourself were going on an off world mission by yourselves. You'd always been curious to what was under Vader's helmet, but only idiotic people with a death wish would ponder those questions out loud. And you were neither.
But, curiosity is a strong force, and you couldn't help but wonder for most of your waking hours.

You were almost certain Vader shared a sense of curiosity about you, too. You couldn't be sure because the man was about as readable as a scroll full of Huttese. But, there was a tug in the force towards him.
Suddenly, the man himself entered. He was as terrifying as always, and you immediately dipped to one knee in a bow,

"Lord Vader," you began, your eyes trained to the floor below, "How may I serve you?"

"Rise," he said; his breathing mechanism creaking ever so slightly, causing fear to enveloped the room, "The Emperor has told me something very interesting."

You rose as your master had commanded, and stared at him, "What has he said?"

The Sith Lord extended his arm and motioned for you to follow him. You did without a single word more, waiting for him to continue, "The Emperor has told me, that aboard this ship, is a traitor." Your heart began to palpate immediately, "And he said that this traitor will take shape of someone I trust... which is you."

You felt like throwing up. Did Vader really believe you were a traitor? You were beyond happy to follow the Sith Code and work for the Empire. You had absolutely no intentions to betray Lord Vader or the Emperor. These people were your masters: the way to power and prosperity,
"What do you think about all of that?" you questioned while glancing into the blackened holes that appeared to be eyes.