Hold Me in Your Heart (Luke Skywalker)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is head over heels in love with Luke Skywalker. The man insisted on fighting Darth Vader and Palpatine by himself, but (Y/N) won't let him fight them alone.

Requested by inparanormal

He/Him ❥

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

"Luke, I hope you know I'm not letting you do this by yourself," I quickly snapped.
The man had approached Leia Organa and I after having a feast with the Ewoks. I was giving her my thanks for rescuing Luke, Han, Chewie, and myself from being devoured. That was when Luke appeared.

The Jedi, although I am quite aware about how important he is in the Rebellion, was reckless. He had that hero mindset that he must sacrifice himself for other people in order to be just and true.
So, to obtain this internal status, he decided he was going to face Darth Vader and the Emperor by himself? That sounds like a suicide mission to me, and I don't want the one man I've loved since I met him all those years ago to become a martyr.

Luke sighed and looked between Leia and I; like he didn't know what to say,
"There's just too much to explain. I can't let my father be the one to destroy the galaxy anymore. I sense good in him, I just know it, and if anyone is to find that goodness in him, it would be me."

"You can't be like that, Luke," I whispered, unsure what to do with myself or this set of declarations, "Darth Vader has already gone too far. There is no good left in him, and he will kill you."

Leia nodded in agreement while grabbing Luke's hands. It looked like tears were going to spill, but she held them in, "(Y/N) is right. You never completed your training with Master Yoda, so what makes you think you're ready to face the strongest Sith Lords around? Please listen to him."

Luke slowly raked his hands away from Leia's, "He's taken too much from me already. He took my aunt and uncle, took my home, and he took away the relationship I might've had with my sister."

That was news. Luke had a sister?
Then it hit me... Leia is Luke's sister.
Leia is Luke's sister?

"Wait," I whispered, looking at the siblings, "When were you planning on telling us? Now, you drop this information on Leia, and you're just going to leave? What if you die? That isn't fair to anyone."

Leia was in a mini state of shock. It was obvious she hadn't suspected to be a Skywalker, so how had Luke known?

"I'm sure Leia understands why I must do this, now that she knows who our father is," Luke rebutted in annoyance, obviously not wanting to have this conversation with you anymore, "And out of everyone here, I expected you to be the most supportive, (Y/N)."

"Let me come with you," I said, losing the angry attitude I had with the Jedi, "If you're going to die, I can't live another day without you. You... you mean absolutely everything to me, Luke Skywalker."

It was very unlike me to be gushy like this. I generally was a very hardened, unemotional man, but Luke always made me soft. Luke made me happy— happier than anyone had ever done before. What I said was true. If anything happened to Luke and I was forced to carry on without him... I would simply cease to exist.

Suddenly, a lightbulb went off in Luke's head. He understood immediately what I meant— he knew my feelings now. Luke knew I was in love with him,
"Oh, (Y/N)," he whispered, his face softening. He dropped his sister's hands and approached me; my eyes adverting from embarrassment, "If I knew how you felt about me, I would've invited you right off the bat. Of course you can come."