Difficult Decisions (Cal Kestis)

Prompt:
Cal Kestis and (Y/N) were in a rough battle against the Empire. Both are pretty unscathed, but it was traumatic for (Y/N). Her boyfriend, Cal, decides to do his best to help her recover.

Requested by fuehrtdieorder66aus

She/Her❥

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

I winced in pain as Cal applied another moistened bandage to my burns. I hated showing weakness like this, even to my boyfriend, but I needed help. Cal had more than enough bandages and ointment to heal a whole group of burn victims.
Despite that, the burns weren't the worst thing plaguing my mind. We had come in contact with a group of Inquisitors— we almost got caught!

We were working together at a garbage disposal company in the back of the galaxy. No one ever visited Bracca unless they were dropping off more garbage to be destroyed.
Despite this, someone managed to sniff out the fact that Cal and I are both Jedi. Well, we were Padawans when the Jedi Order collapsed, and we hadn't even muttered the word 'Jedi' to one another since we escaped.

It is unknown to either of us how someone discovered our true identity... and why they ratted us out to the Empire. We have been nothing but kind and fair to our comrades on Bracca, so that felt like a kick to the stomach.

"Do you think it was Prauf?" I asked with hesitance in my voice. I know it in fact wasn't Prauf that snitched; that Abednedo has been friends with Cal and I for years.
He only knew about us being force sensitive only a few hours before the Inquisitors showed up, which was a dead giveaway that it wasn't Prauf.

Cal just shook his head. It probably crossed his mind too. Either it was Prauf or it was a coincidence. Bad coincidence if you ask me...

"Where can we go?" Cal whispered while finishing wrapping my burns, "If we aren't safe on Bracca, where will we be safe? There's nowhere in the galaxy that isn't crawling with the Empire."

I sighed and stared up into the night sky. We were still on Bracca, but we had outran the Inquisitors. We needed a way off this rock, because I know the Empire won't stop until they've either captured or killed Cal and I,
"I'm sure there's some planets in the galaxy that isn't welcoming of the Empire. We just need a ship, then we can go wherever we want to. And even if the Empire is on a planet, as long as we blend in, we will be okay."

"We tried blending in here and it didn't work," Cal snapped back. I didn't take it personally, because I know he's upset and not thinking straight, "We had a good life here. We made good money, now because of us, Bracca will be swarmed, Prauf is dead, and once again, we have to start over."

I sighed. This happened anytime something inconvenient happened, but I understood Cal's pain. This was always a bad time for us,
"That's the life of the Jedi now," I started while standing up and pressing a kiss to his forehead, "These are the cards we have been dealt. We just have to go through the motions. There is a light at the end of the tunnel."

As if the universe was confirming my words, I sensed another presence moving in. It wasn't the Empire, but that's all my senses told me. Cal felt it too!
Suddenly, a ship approached; the paint job confirming my feelings that these people weren't apart of the Empire.

The ship landed just outside of our cave. All was still. I had my hand on my (F/C) lightsaber in case the force informed me wrong. Thankfully, I didn't have to use it.
The door to the ship opened, and two people walked out. A humanoid female, and a Lateron male,
"You two need some help?" the woman asked loudly so we could hear her over the ship's engine.