Testing Love (Admiral Thrawn)

Prompt:
(Y/N) and Thrawn's daughter are searching for the Chiss after his disappearance following the confrontation from the Rebels.

Requested by TwincessKori

She/Her

Part 2! His Choice

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Goddamn it!" you shouted, tears accumulating in your eyes, "What do you mean he's gone? Explain yourself before I cut you into two!"

The shivering, frightened Officer shrank under your angry glare, "The Rebels outnumbered us! Admiral Thrawn decided to take them on by himself. The Jedi boy put them into hyperspace to escape our forces, then they were gone. There's nothing we could do about it. We can't track them either— they're too far."

Grinding your teeth, you extended your hand outwards in sheer anger. The Officer sputtered in surprise; his form beginning to lift into the air. With his windpipe slammed shut, he had no more words to defend himself,
"You could've done something, Officer," you snapped, closing your fist; immediately ending the Officer's life without warning, "You don't let your Admirals fall thanks to your personal failures."

Dropping the lifeless corpse, a duo of Stormtroopers approached and began to drag the Officer out of the room. This was a regular occurrence between Lord Vader and yourself— just offing troops whenever they mess up big. And this mistake was the biggest yet. Thrawn is force-knows-where, alone with some spoiled Jedi kid.

This was the worst heartbreak anyone could receive. After the birth of your daughter, Saoirse, the two of you had grown closer and closer. With Saoirse only being short of five years old, she'd grown into a mirror image of her father. It pained you to think about her reaction to Thrawn's disappearance.
Sighing while rubbing your temples irritably, you turned your gaze to the bridge workers, "Contact the most trusted spies the Empire has," you began, "I need any information on where Admiral Thrawn has been taken. Until you find this information, I will do my own research."

Silent hums of agreement echoed through the bridge, and you didn't wait for an affirmative. Walking out, you felt the anger beginning to bubble. Tears welled up in your eyes, and you blinked them away painfully. Why did you have to let him go? You never liked being away from your husband. Why did you let him go?
He's a capable man, sure. Very complex and sly. He's the human embodiment of a fox. No one could outthink Thrawn. But, no matter how officiant his mind is, he is still flesh and blood.
A Sith Lord like yourself could've saved him.

You trampled, blind with anger, through the Star Destroyer. No one bothered to even make eye contact with you in this state, which was smart because you could easily snap their necks without blinking an eye. They knew something had happened.
After a few more corners, you had made it back to Thrawn's office. The two of you had made it a makeshift house for Saoirse while you had to be airborne, fighting the Rebels.

Walking in, you saw your beautiful daughter staring brightly at all the art displayed in Thrawn's office. She was so much like her father; her love for the art he collects growing everyday,
"Hi mommy!" she exclaimed excitedly; bounding over to you. She wrapped your legs into a hug, which caused you to smile despite the pain. You have to be strong for her, "I drew something I think daddy will like!"

You bent down and pressed a kiss to her forehead, "What did you draw?"

"Daddy and you!" Saoirse commented excitedly, "You and him ruling the galaxy."